Fly Fishing Shows

flyfisher76544

Since the board hasn’t been too active lately, I will throw this question out there. What is your favorite(s) fly fishing show? What kind of show do you want to see in the future?

Myself personally, I like Fly Fisherman on SMC mainly due to them showing and explaining most things on the show, from casting, knots and even boat selection. They also have a fly tying pattern of the week as well. Pirates of the Flats on ESPN2 is a good one as well, Tom Brokaw and Lefty Kreh.

One thing that has me asking this right now is that some of the shows that are on have lost my interest. I love seeing far off exotic places that have monster trout, but not every single episode. Especially since I will probably never make it there on my meager salary. I think we need a show where someone goes into a well known area and fishes public only areas with NO GUIDE! The person goes in and figures everything out for themselves. Yeah, yeah I know……that kind of show won’t be as appealing to some but to me, that individual would be a better fly fisher than those who have a guide show them where to go.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Those of us that fish those public areas can't afford a show. There is great fishing here in Ga and the SE but it takes a lot of work and fishing to find those spots. But ain't it grand when we find them.We just got to communicate better with each other. I know no one wants to give their secret spots away but techniques or hot flies go a long way to helpin' out someone new to a specific area of the state. Most fishing shows are just like hunting shows, it takes several days to make a show.

flyfisher76544

:huh:
Those of us that fish those public areas can't afford a show. There is great fishing here in Ga and the SE but it takes a lot of work and fishing to find those spots. But ain't it grand when we find them.We just got to communicate better with each other. I know no one wants to give their secret spots away but techniques or hot flies go a long way to helpin' out someone new to a specific area of the state. Most fishing shows are just like hunting shows, it takes several days to make a show.

True, a little info goes a long way. Not trying to get a show going....but would like to see one where they go out and figure out things on their own.