Coming Home

MCBUCK

I recently sold a rifle and have been holding onto the $$ looking for a replacement. I wound up giving the $$ to my wife for some bills, new brakes and a pedicure; true necessities. So our state tax refund comes back on Saturday, and she hands me $675.00 and say go buy what you want. Yes, I have a good one, no doubt.
Now here is my dilemma: I have been wanting to replace my 581 Mini-14..the tactical with the short bbl...but I am trying to justify my need for it. The real need, or desire, or whatever you want to call it, is to start bowhunting again. I shot archery and bowhunted for years until my son started playing college football, and then my time was spent on the road going to games. Now my kids are out of college, and it is just me and momma. I am pretty familiar with archery equipment, but I am pretty outdated. My last serious bow was an old PSE that had a 48" axle to axle length, and I shot fingers on, and I used 32" 2512 Easton aluminum with 5" feather fletch...it looked like I was launching a broomstick off of a fence post, but it would nail a deer to the ground, and I could out shoot a Matthews all the way out to 40 yds...even if you could light a cigarette and smoke it before the arrow hit foam I think it may have been pushing to get to 225fps. I did own a Matthews Switchback for one season, and liked it pretty well..wound up selling it on an offer I couldn't refuse. All in all I have been out of archery almost solid for about seven years and I need some advice; is this something I really want to get back into ?
Do I really want to put my $$ into a bow ?
Do I want to buy a used bow ?
Do I want a Matthews Switchback ? Switchback XT? SQ ?
A lot of bows I know nothing about.
I found some pretty good deals, it seems, on the S&S, but there are sooo many new people on the board.....??? Get my drift ??
I could really save some of my freebie, momma, money if I just came home, and left my thoughts of a Mini-14 somewhere else.

Rip Steele

You can get a used Hoyt and some Beman arrows and still have some doe left. Look for a Vectrix or Trykon and you can't go wrong.

MCBUCK

I was looking at a couple of the used Switchbacks listed on the S&S, but I have been off the range for so long I just don't know a good price when I see one. $400 for a Switchback seems like a decent price, but I just don't know. I need to get some of my hunt buds involved I guess.

killNgrill

watch archerytalk.com classifieds... theres usually some great deals on there