How many days?

dutchman

On average, how many days per turkey season do you get to hunt?

For counting purposes, if you just hunt the mornings, then count each morning as 1/2 a day.

I usually hunt every Saturday during the season and I'll burn 5 days or so of vacation, so put me down for 5-6 days total as I rarely hunt the afternoons these days.

That may change this season. I'm pretty fired up right now and I want to spend as much time as possible in the woods.

short stop

i will hunt every weekend for 3-4 weeks ---plus about 3-4 days a week ''Night shift does have its privleges :bounce: ---I kill 3 usually within a week or two then call for other folks ----I hunt till its just unbearable =between the heat and Skitos but thats usually down to the last week

Dudley Do-Wrong

I will hunt every Saturday morning and into the early afternoon (sometimes), Sunday is for church. If I have vacation time built up, I'll take 2 or 3 days and hunt. I'm too mentally challenged to figure all that up.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Usually will try to find a few weekends during the season to go. Hard to find time with son's baseball season cranking up though. I would say on average I get in about 5-6 days during the season.

BubbaD

Gosh...you figure it like that and its only 3-4 days....now I'm depressed. I have recently relocated jobs and now I have a short comute. Hope to increase the days dramatically this season.

Headshot

If I'm lucky, I'll get two days total. Not much time but spring is wonderful, beautiful time to be out. I'm thankful for that.

Birds are a plus -- hoping to take one this year. After all, Gun Doc has worked on the 870 -- now I have to go and shoot!

Jody Hawk

I'm gonna have alot more time to hunt this year because I changed jobs over the summer. We only work four days one week and three the next plus I have two weeks of vacation lined up for turkey season. I have the first week off. Man I can't wait.

Randy

3 days per week. Some weeks more depending on how much vacation I have saved up.

DaddyPaul

I will hunt every morning of the Florida season (if I am not in Georgia hunting) until around 10:00 or so, depending on the birds of course. Will also hunt a lot of afternoons this time depending on the little lady giving me a pass! No idea how many days that adds up to but it ain't enough!:mad:

alphachief

I'll hunt all but a couple Saturdays in the season + a couple Sundays + 5-7 weekdays.

R Smith

Well it all depends on my workload at work......:cry: I know, I know that is a four letter word, but my family has this addiction to food, clothing and a roof over their head. :huh:

Last year I got to hunt 2 mornings in GA, 7 mornings in AL and 2 mornings in FL. If you count a morning hunt as half a day, then I hunted 5 1/2 days last year.

Walkie Takie

Hunting time

about 6 days per year in Washington co +
this year I get to add some mid day and afternoon hunts
in Greene co club , only 1 hour from the house and they will be during the week only , and I hope to get onto the Redlands wma a little bit . ::ke: :cheers:
w/t can't wait :clap: :shoot:
now you got me thinking about it , might have to go walking this cold weekend in Greene co , was going to just sit by the fire and watch the race :cheers:

hawglips

Banned
11 days is about all I get.

We have a family tradition of spending my boys' spring break hunting for six days, and then I hunt on Saturdays after that.

But I'm in the woods about every morning for two weeks (before work) prior to the season scouting.

Hal