Hurt back and no money.. I Need some PSE Nova turn down Info please...

jjasonbbo1

I have a 60-70 Nova that when I got it was maxed out and i have been shooting it that way since I got it... I have hurt my back at work and can still draw it but I am kinda afraid of it now.. I dont want to hurt myself more.. I need to know what to do to turn in as low as I can safely go and not change the draw length... Is it just backin off the limbs a few turns?? I know a little about tuning and setting up but I am no expert.. I just need as low as i can go with out a bow press.. Thanks a bunch!!! :cheers:

Last edited:

whitworth

Depends

How bad is the back and have you seen a doctor.

I've had a bad shoulder, off and on for years. I used light weight training (5 lbs for each hand) to rehab the shoulder and keep it in shape.

Good luck.

jjasonbbo1

How bad is the back and have you seen a doctor.

I've had a bad shoulder, off and on for years. I used light weight training (5 lbs for each hand) to rehab the shoulder and keep it in shape.

Good luck.

Well sneezing and caughing make the room go black... And wiping after number 2 is pretty rough... :cry:
The bow now is 73 on the scale.. I want to turn it down as much as possible without a bowpress or changing the drawlenth...

Flaustin1

I bought one in 03 and the literature said not to back the limb bolts out more than 4 turns. I know its safe because i still use mine to bowfish and i personally backed them out 4 360 degree revolutions and havnt had any problems

klemsontigers7

Just make sure you back them out evenly:
Back one limb out 1 turn, then the other limb 2 turns, then the first limb 2 turns... and so on and so on...

C Cape

Just make sure you count each turn. You don't want to back it down more than 60 lb because the limb bolts wouldn't be threaded in that much. If you need to go past 60 lb you will have to look for some used 60 lb limbs.

jjasonbbo1

Well I finally did it!!! I made sure it was bottomed out and backed off 4 turns... Man i shoulda done that when I first bought the bow!!!! :cool::cool: That thing is gonna be a tack driver now that i can draw with no stress and talk about quiet... WOW... Thanks for all the help guys!!! I am excited about practicing in stead of dreading it now... :cool:

whitworth

You mean to say

that the orthopedic surgeon isn't getting his high fee.

I wonder if surgeons own stock in bow companies. They sure make a ton of money together, it seems.