Bowhunting Turkey Tip

Bow Only

When bowhunting turkeys without a blind, you have to be camouflaged pretty good and hide. You often have to prune out a shooting lane because you're sitting in thick stuff. Never shoot at a turkey on the edge of your shooting lane. Always wait until he is two steps into the shooting lane before you shoot because there might be a small sprig of bush that isn't in your sight window but is in the flight path of your arrow.

PS - Your arrow will look like a missile going through the sky if you shoot just off the edge of your shooting lane.

jleepeters

sounds like someones talking from experince there

Bow Only

Much like the time I hit a small piece of grass and it spun my arrow 180 degrees around. The nock end of the arrow drilled the turkey perfect. That turkey wouldn't come to any call the entire rest of the season and I even brought in someone else to call so he could hear a different caller. He would immediately walk the other way as soon as he heard a call. :D

DaddyPaul

After this morning's hunt, I have decided that God does not want me to limit out this year.

You'll get him Matt, you spend more time in the woods than you do on here which usually equals success. Stay at 'em dude, you could be like me and be hobbling around on crutches. :banginghe

Bow Only

You'll get him Matt, you spend more time in the woods than you do on here which usually equals success. Stay at 'em dude, you could be like me and be hobbling around on crutches. :banginghe

That's part of my problem, I only get to hunt 1 or 2 days a week until my baby sitter gets through with tennis. I am fortunate to have good places to hunt. One hunt last week, Tim calls me on my cell and I know he's hunting a field close by. I thought he might have gotten another one, but he's just telling me what happened and all of a sudden, a longbeard steps out on me at 18 yards. I just said "Gotta go" and dropped the phone. Let's just say it didn't workout like I had wanted.

I've been where you are, but mine was a shoulder. I had to put the bow down for 6 months. You'll be well before you know it.