Screven County rut status???

Malimn

Have not heard or seen anything posted yet regarding if the Rut has kicked in and flown by yet...

Any news ladies/gents?

Thanks

Tom Borck

Banned
IMO, it is OVER!! You might catch a few bucks chasing a doe in heat around Nov. 20-23 and then again in the middle of Dec. But, for the most part they were done by the first of November.

In my past 12 years of hunting Screven the rut peaks the last week in Oct., but what do I know? ::huh:

Of the 14 good bucks I have killed all but 2 of them where killed during the last ten days in Oct.

One buck killed Nov. 23 chasing a doe and grunting.

The other buck killed Dec. 15 chasing a doe and grunting.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'll second what Tom said.In Screven it usually gets going in a hurry about the 22nd of October and stays hot thru the end of the month.There are always exceptions though,I killed a Screven 8-point a few years ago on Dec.18 that was with a doe and saw a doe being chased by a six point on Jan. 9th during the same season.

Hunt food sources near thick cover and you never know. Good luck!!

Echo

mpowell

i'll be in the woods for a long weekend starting tomorrow. we'll see what happens. this will be the tail end of the rut, i know that.

mike bell

I saw a monster chasing a doe Sunday morning about 9:00 am

He was about 500 yards away running in a brushy clear cut. Through binoculars he looked at least 130 maybe 140 inches. He was big! :speechles

Hes the biggest buck Ive seen on the hoof. My dads going after him tomorrow, after I told him he ran 30 yards past his ladder stand :banginghe