Burrells Ford Campground

brantd

Hey guys , Headed up to Burrells Ford to fish next weekend for the first time , how far is the hike in from the parking area ? Just wondering how to pack ? Anybody fished this part of the chattooga latley ?

ripsaw

The campground is approx. 1/4 mile from the parking lot. Three of us fished downstream toward big bend falls on 4/17. Using rapalas and mepps we caught mainly brooks and rainbows. The one brown caught was 19" long.

brantd

So since this is S.C do we need a license there too or do they have an agreement with G.A being a shared river and close to the border ? Also does anybody have directions to the campground ?
Any help for the newbie is greatly appreciated ...this is our first trip up !

jigman29

The agreement is that you can fish with either states license but not the streams feeding into the river unless you are lisensed for that state.If you are coming in off of 76 you will get to the redlight in clayton by dairy queen.Go straight thru the intersection and keep driving till you get to the stop sign.Go through the stop sign onto warwoman rd and follow it about 12 miles or so till you reach the end of warwoman road.Turn right and drive a few miles and burrells ford rd. will turn to the left,then follow the dirt road till you cross the river and the campground will be ahead in south carolina.My favorite way to fish this is to go down the trail on te georgia side and walk about a mile to what is called the island and fish my way back tot the bridge,we fish this and usually catch a mixed bag of rainbows and browns.If you are after the native browns go upstream from the bridge and walk a mile or to and start fishin,you wont catch the large amounts of fish as this section is not stocked but most of what you catch will be native browns.Be advised this area below the bridge is heavily fish so be ready for the crowds that are usually there for this time of year.Good lock and good fishing.

brantd

Yea, I will go north up the trail as I would like to get a little away from the crowds...gonna fish there Friday and some saturday morning if they aint hit'n on anything I may pack up and head over to toccoa or something...Thanks for the help !