My Turkey Bow

Bow Only

This is a BowTech Liberty, one of the smoothest drawing bows I've ever shot. (Oneida's don't count) It is set on 51lb. The important parts about adding ivy to your bow, make sure you block the hard edges of the bow, make sure your sight window is clear, and bunch up the ivy where the quiver goes. If you point your bow towards a mirror and draw, you should see very little if any movement. It is mandatory that you have a bipod, I happen to prefer the Vertical Advantage.

Attachments

• bow front.jpg
    bow front.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 310
  • bow side.jpg
    bow side.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 308
  • bow va.jpg
    bow va.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 302
  • bow quarter.jpg
    bow quarter.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 303
  • bow arm quarter.jpg
    bow arm quarter.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 303
  • sh.jpg
    sh.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC03707.JPG
    DSC03707.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Arrow3

can I borrow some turkey tommahawks?? :D

wack em

Doubt Matt will part with those 150gr tommahawks, they dont make them anymore:hammers:

XJfire75

Dang it man. That's a lotta ivory and a lotta broadheads haha.

Good luck!

Bow Only

Matt,
How is the ivy attached to the bow?

I use little thin zip ties, but much of the ivy has metal inside the plastic and you can weave it around the bow. It will go through and around the riser and you can hook it in the "Y" of the cam as long as you still get good cam rotation.

Bow Only

Matt, What's your opinion on the Grim Reaper mechanical for turkey?

I ate supper with the owner one time and only have nice things to say about him. He makes a good product, but since penetration isn't an issue, I want something that cuts as much tissue as possible. They'll kill as good as anything on a good shot, but I want something that will kill on a bad shot. The bigger the cutting diameter the better. On one of my turkeys this year, I wouldn't have gotten him if I had shot a smaller cut broadhead.

Last edited: