Equal Time for the Techies - Who is going . . .

MCG DAWG

Banned
.. to the Tech game? Not too many apparently. Y'all need to get out and buy some tickets. Nice ad in today's AJC, "4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, 4 cokes, and 2 hats for only $80" for this weekend's game. I'm sure if you call and ask they can arrange kickoff to not interfere with prime hunting hours!

::ke:

Double D

Kinda' like

the ball players at UGA wondering what time class is and the professor says don't worry about it - you'll get an "A" just for registering!!

You guys kill me :shoot:

ramblinrack

i'll be there as always mcg...have fun in the loveliest village and try not to get hosed...again!

;) :D :bounce:

MCG DAWG

Banned
Glad to hear you're going to the game . .

. . as I really do think it's embarassing y'all can't routinely sell out that stadium. Particularly when the renovation made it a MUCH better place to watch a football game that what it was. I just always get a good laugh out of those ads in the AJC each year. Cracks me up.

Most all my friends from UGA go to several games a year but only two of my Tech buddies go to any games at all. Seems strange to me. Not sure why they don't. Have a good time at the game. Make sure you get your two freebie hats off of 'em!

Double D

Be in Auburn

I'll be down at Auburn visiting the in-laws and cheering the home team on! You think the hoses were bad - from what I hear, UGA fans better hope things don't get out of hand this year!! :bounce:

And I hear that the eagle has a lil' somethin' for the mangy mutt!

Should be a great game and hope that UGA goes home losers.

BTW - I would love to be at every GT home football game but right now with kids in sports and all - they come first! Maybe more Tech fans can't make it because of their commitments - why should they all be faulted for that!?

MCG DAWG

Banned
Not faulting anyone for their . .

. .family commitments keeping them from a game. I know that time for me will be in the future and my attendance will be curtailed. However, there's got to 45-50K Techies within a 3-4 hour drive of Atlanta on any given Saturday (Thursday) that can make it to the game.

It's an embarrassment for Tech to see 10-20K fans disguised as empty seats for most games.

Now in Athens we had to send back 10K season ticket requests this year because there weren't enough to go around and we continue to have the 5th best attendance of any school in the country. It's just a different mindset amongst the DAWGS.

ramblinrack

mcg...you people never cease to amaze me. please....give it a rest. i think we can all agree that yall are just absolutely the most wonderful fans there are anywhere!!! how bout on your way back from auburn you stop by and i'll take you huntin? bein as you are wheelchair-bound, i know of a really high bluff i can roll you right up to where you should have a great view. how bout it?

::; :bounce: :speechles

MCG DAWG

Banned
It ain't the view I'm worried about . .

. . it's that size 10 kick to the back of the chair that has me worried! ;)

Sunday morning is going to be COLD. Should be a good day to be in the woods. Will probably have my crippled butt in a stand all day on Lookout Mtn. Thanks for the offer though.

Jody Hawk

MCG DAWG said:
Now in Athens we had to send back 10K season ticket requests this year because there weren't enough to go around and we continue to have the 5th best attendance of any school in the country. It's just a different mindset amongst the DAWGS.

No doubt that the Dawgs pack the house but it all boils down to winning. My wife is a Dawg fan and I can remember several games that we went to back during the Goff days and I saw plenty of empty seats. In fact, in 1998 I called their ticket office and got my seats to the Tech game. On the other hand, I remember going to numerous games back when Tech had Joe Hamilton and the place was packed.

Let me say one more thing about this. Georgia has alot more alumni that Tech does and Georgia gets all of the sidewalk fans who has no ties to the school, they just support the football team.

I've even found myself lacking this year. I haven't been to the first game although I did have tickets to the Miami game but my daughter decided to get married that day. I plan on making the Virginia game though. I have to tip my hat to Louie, he is there supporting the team rain or shine. :clap:

MCG DAWG

Banned
See now I know you're a bad father . .

. .letting your daughter get married in the fall! Hopefully she did it before bow season opened for you. :bounce:

When I proposed to my wife I told her my ONLY condition was that the wedding couldn't be during football season. We got married on a Saturday, left for St. Lucia on Sunday, flew back on Friday, and both our UGA grad butts were in the seats for the Georgia/Clemson game on Saturday.

I agree we have more grads than y'all and a bigger fan base. However, your stadium has what 55% of the capacity of ours? I wonder if that's proportional to the difference in the percentage of alumni/fans in the area. Also, the flights from SE Asia, India, and Pakistan are just way to expensive for a Tech grad to take just for a football game! :bounce: ::ke:

Unfortunately, I was there for some of those lean Goff years as a student and yes, there were times when the stadium was only 85-95% full but that's by far the exception not the rule. Seems to be more the rule at Tech. Y'alls latest big games still have open seats in the upper corners of the stadium.

And I've said it before and it bears saying again, I've never been as excited to see someone graduate from Tech as I was Lil'Joe.

SlipperyHill Mo

Like Jody said.....

The Frawgs have at least 2, probably 3 times the alumni that Tech has plus every other ------- not affiliated with another college have lined up as a Frawg Fan. I know a whole bunch of non UGA alumni who have season tickets to see the Frawgs but only a handful of Tech fans who did not attend there.

I think it is an intelligence thing......something to do about adults barking!!

I am not really sure.