Shot a Carbon Matrix tonight...

Had a buddy from Savannah up in ATL and he came over to the house. He bought a Carbon Matrix off the internet and went to ATL to pick it up. He came over to the house for a pit stop before he drove back down to Savannah and he let me shoot the bow. (insert thumbs down smiley here)

It was not exactly what i was expecting. It was, in my opinion a supreme example of a waste of money. It did not shoot as well as the Z7 and definitely not as good as a Bear Attack. Yes it was light in weight but after putting accessories on it and all, you would not notice the difference. He had a G5 sight, Faze Stabilizer and some sort of drop away and it felt a tiny bit lighter than my Z7. He actually never shot one of them or a Bear Attack and i am afraid that after he left, he was kicking himself for dropping 1200 on a used Carbon Matrix. Oh well,....but as far as i am concerned,...they are great for people who have more money than brains.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

DaddyPaul

You couldn't give me a Z7. I shot them both and would pick the Matrix every day of the week. I guess that is why they make all different kinds of bows, huh? ;)

Had a buddy from Savannah up in ATL and he came over to the house. He bought a Carbon Matrix off the internet and went to ATL to pick it up. He came over to the house for a pit stop before he drove back down to Savannah and he let me shoot the bow. (insert thumbs down smiley here)

It was not exactly what i was expecting. It was, in my opinion a supreme example of a waste of money. It did not shoot as well as the Z7 and definitely not as good as a Bear Attack. Yes it was light in weight but after putting accessories on it and all, you would not notice the difference. He had a G5 sight, Faze Stabilizer and some sort of drop away and it felt a tiny bit lighter than my Z7. He actually never shot one of them or a Bear Attack and i am afraid that after he left, he was kicking himself for dropping 1200 on a used Carbon Matrix. Oh well,....but as far as i am concerned,...they are great for people who have more money than brains.:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:smash:Amen

Hunter922

Shot a friends fully set up and tuned Matrix last week and it is sweet. Still light even with the fully stocked quiver attached. Lot of money but the economy is not hurting his business.

i have shot all the above mentioned bows they all shoot very well its a matter of preffernce. the matrix is an extremely strong bow due to the carbon fiber. and it is somewhat lighter for its size because of this. if you think because it is a 1600 bow its the best and your gonna be a better shooter forget it. you can take any of the above mentioned bows and shoot just as good smooth an accurate. now if you want a bow that if you miss with you can use as a weapon and not worry about it messing up then heck yeah carbon matrix lol but i will stick with my alphamax we as hunters always want more and the compies will continue to produce higher costing products to satisfy its profit. aslong as you can shoot it accurate it dont have to shoot 400fps and all that and be carbon profect what you have and learn your equitment ans its capabilities and you will never have a problem :clap:

You couldn't give me a Z7. I shot them both and would pick the Matrix every day of the week. I guess that is why they make all different kinds of bows, huh? ;)

I guess they do make bows for different people. But there is alot of bows out there for so much less money. You know what they say ... Fools and money soon part ;)

DaddyPaul

I guess they do make bows for different people. But there is alot of bows out there for so much less money. You know what they say ... Fools and money soon part ;)

You're right, there are a lot of bows out there cheaper than your Z7 too. ;)

So if someone has the bones, they are a fool if they buy a Carbon Matrix? That, in my opinion, is hogpoop. It is their money, if they want to drop $1600 on a slick shooting, carbon bow, who are we to call them a fool.

I'd love to own one but unfortunately I simply can't justify dropping that kind of coin on a bow. If I had it, I'd already own one. I do own an Alpha Max 35 and an Alpha Burner, one of which is getting sold here before too long.

Going back to being a one bow show I reckon. :cry:

You're right, there are a lot of bows out there cheaper than your Z7 too. ;)

So if someone has the bones, they are a fool if they buy a Carbon Matrix?

I do own an Alpha Max 35 :cry:

I was referring to the carbon matrix when I said fools and money soon part. But since you insist I am a fool for buying a Z7, then you must be right. I bought it at Shulers for 799 plus tax and overpaid by about 80 dollars. I felt like a fool for not looking at other dealers when I found out that Archery Barn had them for 719. It is an expensive lesson, never buy from shulers. But, the AlphaMax is also an expensive bow so you might be one too because As you told me in a prior post, you could not give one to me but I must add...unless I could sell it and make money...wait, I just did that.

Also your question about if someone had the money to buy a carbon matrix, they would be a fool...certainly. It is no better shooting than my old high country Excalibur that I paid 399 for many moons ago. It is a little lighter....so what. It looks different...so what. It will not kill a deer any faster or more dead than bows that are 700 dollars. Matter of fact, if someone was to look around, they would easily find at least a handful that were a better fit and shot better for them as well. Just because it is more expensive, you will shoot better.

Owning a carbon matrix to me is more or a status symbol or fashion statement. Kinda like owning a brand new Porche 911 as your "around town car". Yea, it works great and looks great but it will not get you from A to B any different than a car that is more than 50% less in price.

To each his own, but everyone has an opinion, and mine is if you spent 1600 on a new Carbon Matrix then the old saying follows...fools and money soon part.

Enjoy the weekend, i will today, trying to teach my little one some more sign language.

Larry Rooks

My 2 cents worth. If ya want a Carbon Matrix, and want to spend 1600.00 on one, YOUR business and NO ONE elses. I love the dang thing, light, shoots great, smooth
and accurate. I loved the AM32 I shot and I love the Maxxis 35 I am shooting now. So if you want a Carbon Matrix go buy it. And customer service from HOYT is the best I ever dealt with, can't say that about the other Co.

DaddyPaul

I was referring to the carbon matrix when I said fools and money soon part. But since you insist I am a fool for buying a Z7, then you must be right. I bought it at Shulers for 799 plus tax and overpaid by about 80 dollars. I felt like a fool for not looking at other dealers when I found out that Archery Barn had them for 719. It is an expensive lesson, never buy from shulers. But, the AlphaMax is also an expensive bow so you might be one too because As you told me in a prior post, you could not give one to me but I must add...unless I could sell it and make money...wait, I just did that.

Also your question about if someone had the money to buy a carbon matrix, they would be a fool...certainly. It is no better shooting than my old high country Excalibur that I paid 399 for many moons ago. It is a little lighter....so what. It looks different...so what. It will not kill a deer any faster or more dead than bows that are 700 dollars. Matter of fact, if someone was to look around, they would easily find at least a handful that were a better fit and shot better for them as well. Just because it is more expensive, you will shoot better.

Owning a carbon matrix to me is more or a status symbol or fashion statement. Kinda like owning a brand new Porche 911 as your "around town car". Yea, it works great and looks great but it will not get you from A to B any different than a car that is more than 50% less in price.

To each his own, but everyone has an opinion, and mine is if you spent 1600 on a new Carbon Matrix then the old saying follows...fools and money soon part.

Enjoy the weekend, i will today, trying to teach my little one some more sign language.

Take it easy dude, I NEVER called you a fool, nor did I insinuate you were one. I simply pointed out that, as you stated, there are cheaper bows out there than both the CM and the Z7.

How do you know whether a CM will fit someone perfectly or not? What if someone went looking for a bow and fell absolutely in love with the CM. If they have the money and didn't buy it I'd agree they'd be a fool.

Unless you shoot every last bow made you'll never know if the one you have is the perfect bow for you. What you can do is shoot the ones that are available to you and decide for yourself. If you love the CM and have the coin I dang sure ain't gonna call you a fool for getting it.

And yes, if you gave me a Z7 I'd take it. Then I'd sell it on AT and pocket the cash. ;)