Anybody hunted redlands lately?

E

Etter1

The weather is gonna be so cold this weekend, and with the peak of the rut, I think I'll stay here and watch the auburn game on tv after a morning in the woods. I haven't had any luck at redlands this year yet but I figured I'd get out and give it a try before I head to cedar creek next weekend. Anybody been out recently or seen the kill sheet?

Tailfeather

Been down a-lot lately.

Seeing quite a few, and some good buck sign. Saw 9 does and 3 diff. bucks last Sat. morning. Killed a decent 8 a couple of weeks ago with his nose to the ground. My plan is the same as yours....hunt the morning and watch the game. Good Luck.

E

Etter1

Where are you hunting.......exactly?

GPS coordinates are acceptable

E

Etter1

Hunted this morning. Saw a lot of deer sign in one of my favorite areas. I didn't see any deer but I did run into about 5 other hunters. Oh well, headed to cedar creek next week. Now...LET'S GO DAWGS!

Briar

GONetwork Member
I used to hunt down Lower Wire Bridge road where it turns off there about Maxeys community, as far down as you can go on Redlands WMA . There are 3 trophy clubs down at the end where the bridge is out ( they have about 7000 acres between the three of them). They let anything under 16 inches walk and I was always just off their property line to ablige them . I killed a 10 pointer there about 4 years ago that scored 149 gross . There's a church about 6-7 miles down the dirt rd and about 1/4 mile before you get to it there's a red gate on the right and that is one of the clubs, Three Creeks Hunting Camp is the name I think ??. Past the church on the left is Redlands property and there isn't much hunting pressure because nobody really knows about it . I have since moved and it's to far a drive for me . But for a trophy of a lifetime that would be the best place I could think of and you don't even have to pay club dues every year !!!! :bounce:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I took a doe at Redlands yesterday morning.

She had been shot last week sometime in front leg, low.

I didn't want to do it. Scrapes are fresh & hot!

It was a mercy killing.