Crooked River Area help

oldcsm

My brother and I are linking up at Crooked River state park on May 5th for 5 days of fishing. He's coming down from Fayetteville, NC and I'm coming from Cumming, GA area. "Wharfrat" and "Retired" have given me some pointers for the area. Looks like we may be able to buy bait in St Mary's. We've never been down there.....in fact, we've never fished coastal GA before. All our trips have been to the Gulf. Anyone have any recommendations on general areas and techniques to try? Any cautions on areas to avoid? We're looking at inshore species mainly, but we could go near-shore in our 24 foot Bay Ranger. We're not hung up on any species, just looking to get the rods bent and cook a few on the last day.

deadline34

Best place for bait is at Buccaneers Bait and Tackle at 815 Osborne Street in St. Marys. Trout and redfish in the Cumberland River. Whiting in Cumberland Sound.

oldcsm

thanks

Thanks deadline.....I put the baitshop address in my book for the trip.

wharfrat

lotta decent sharks in brickhill. (bonnetheads and blacktips) not a big shark guy but a 3 footer on light tackle can save the day sometimes.

oldcsm

Injector failure may postpone the trip

I was fishing a benefit bass tournament Sunday when I got an injector failure code on my 300 Etec. This is the second injector problem I've had in 6 months. Dealer is two weeks behind and reservations at Crooked River state park are for Wed. Looks like I'll forfeit my $180 deposit and miss out on a great opportunity to experience the GA coast for the first time. Once I get the boat back I think I'll try to get reservations at Shellman's Bluff. It sounds like a nice place.
Thanks to all who posted with the great information.