What should I do ?

falcon

Let me start out by letting you know that I have feeders on my hunting lease and I know the rules and follow them because I am a law abiding citizen. I have a small 46ac lease that I have to my self. I was informed by the land owner this year that he has had many inquires about the property and I had to pay more to keep it for myself. No problem. I would not feel comfortable with more than one more hunter on the property at a time. It is very residential so I bow hunt only. I was recently busted for hunting over bait that I did not put there (in my feeder). I got out to my blind in the dark and never thought to check the feeder. No problem, I'll have my day in court. I removed my feeders that day so I could not be put in that situation again. I went out this morning and I have been robbed. At least 800.00 of my stuff. Now I have a problem! I'm not really sure what to do. My first though was to let the land owner know and ask for the names of the other interested hunters so I could turn them over to the DNR and local police as possible suspects. Any advice would be helpful.

MonroeTaco

Find somewhere else. I'll bet the landowner has a friend that wants the land, and he's told him he could hunt it.

Rich M

Sounds like someone wants you off.

Go to the owner and ask him if he knows about your missing stuff and if anyone else has any permission to be out there. Tell him you are going to the authorities about the theft.

If someone else has permission, tell him you want your money back and will leave quietly if the stuff is returned to you. If not, that you will prosecute anyone found/caught on the land since you are the lease holder and have that right.

Then shoot your limit of 12 deer cause it is your last year.

Too bad he couldn't just say no to you and save you the headaches. Some people just plain do things the wrong way.