Double and season is done!

Golightly

Sylvania, GA. Birds were not making any noise still at 8:30. Decided to ride to the far end of my brother-in-laws farm and call for a minute. I stopped the truck and Jay hopped out and gave a call. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Again......gobbler to our left 200 yards. Grabbed the gun and walked into the swamp 75 yards and setup. Sat down and a doe came running by at 10 yards because she got spooked by the gobbler/s hitting each other with their wings. Jay was setup behind me since he was calling. The doe wouldn't leave. Jay was even throwing sticks at her trying to make her leave and she just sat there and watched as Jay called and the gobbler/s kept gobbling. Another gobbler started going off to our right. Bachelor group of 4 was in front of us at 100 yards and not moving. The other bird to our right was closing in fast so I moved to another tree to where I could see around the palmetto bushes. Almost like clockwork the 4 gobblers (bachelor group) were all strutting and the other gobbler with 2 jakes and 3 hens all meet up 50 yards in front of us. 2 hens were 20 yards in front of me and started walking away. I watched as the lead gobbler seemed to take an angle like they were going to start walking off. I saw the second largest bird lining up behind the lead strutter at 42 yards. Bllllaaaammmm! Double down! Thanks Jay for the killer calling. That's what I am talking about!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0025_4.jpg
    IMG_0025_4.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0029_2.jpg
    IMG_0029_2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 316
WTG. You've had quite an awesome 6 months or so.

Hunter247

Pics are really Awesome! Congrats on the birds

jdthayer

Congrats on a fine hunt! I wish I could end my season that way! It seems like a few are. That's some good looking country y'all are hunting in by the way!