Camera bag for woods roaming

Slim Chance

I need a camera bag for wandering around in the woods. I have a huge bag that will hold ALL my gear. I need one to hold my camera and a couple of lenses. Maybe a flash. I have a Canon and usually have my Sigma 24-70, 2.8 macro on it with the 70-200, 2.8 Canon lens along just in case.
Suggestions?

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I use a Tamrac Adventure series pack for my normal small back pack, here is a link to them so you can check dimensions for the items you carry...

http://www.tamrac.com/frame_adv.htm

Slim Chance

I like those, but they won't work with the big lens on the camera. Probably gonna have to visit a camera store and try some on.

Smokey

I have a Tamrac as well Model 5374. It holds my camera with the sigma 50-500mm, plus several other lenses as well as lots of other goodies.

Hoss

Since the Tamrac is a bit small, take a look here at the Kata line up. I've got the DR467 and have been very happy with it. I think it may be larger than what you are looking for, so check out their site. You might find something you like.

Hoss

Slim Chance

Smokey,
Picked up the 5374 from Wolf today down in Marietta. The 200 fits mounted and the 24-70 and flash fill up the rest of the main compartments. I think it will work fine.

rip18

Good deal!

I really like the belt packs with shoulder supports (similar to the DoD Alice pack system, I use one made by Lowe Pro with additional "bags" made by Tamrac) or a good camera vest (like those made by Vested Interest). Think Tank also makes some good systems.

Last edited:

JasonF

I've got a Lowepro Flipside 300 and love it. I accually got it just for hiking purposes. I'll hold a mounted 70-200, 17-55, flash, pocket wizards, and a tripod. Right now I've got 2 Nikon bodies in it both with lenses mounted on them along with my flash & PW.