A newbie's first photos

aubie

After much flip flopping I decided on the Nikon d3000. I got a great deal on KEH.com. Camera arrived just a few minutes and I couldn't wait. I haven't even read the manual yet, but I had to snap a few pics. I'm home today with my daughter, so her and the dog were my only subjects. I realize the lighting is not great, but I'd like to hear a few pointers from the pros. Thanks and I think I may have a new addiction!

Random001.jpg

Random006.jpg

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
My only suggestion is to keep taking pics of your daughter, she is precious:cool:

Pics look real good, thanks for sharing them with us...

Learn your camera and practice, practice and then practice some more ....

GAranger1403

Welcome to the fray! Keep 'em coming!

quinn

Sweet start to a very addictive LEGAL activity!Like Leo said lots of practice and posting.

wvdawg

Staff member
Beautiful models. Keep on mushing them buttons!

Hoss

Well you've got a good start just by having a couple of models handy. Good first shots. Everyone is giving you some great advice, shoot lots of pictures. Take some time to read the manual and then got try things out. Shoot lots of photos and be sure to share em.

Hoss

noggin nocker

Nice shots. My suggestions is to learn the in and outs of photgraphy. When I first started, digital wasn't even around. Digtal makes it so much easier to learn IMHO because you can instantly see results. That being said, don't be afraid to experiment with Aperature priority, Shutter priority, and manual modes. If you can understand and use these modes, your images will jump to a level that will amaze you. By shooting in the programmed modes, you will never benefit from the full capabilities which was probably why you purchased that type (DLSR) of camera in the first place.

If you have questions, ask on forums, research on the internet etc. The information is available.

Happy Shooting.