Huge Acorns and Persimmons

Just 1 More

The woods floor was littered with huge acorns,,, bigger then any I have ever seen and more then I could imagin. I have 2 big persimon trees 15 yards from my stand and a few limbs had been broken during the storm and were LOADED with fruit.
Dosn't look like the deer have found then yet or just don't want them. Could it be that they are not ripe and therefore the deer won't eat them?
The 2 persimon trees are absolutly loaded with fruits so i'm hoping the deer will find them soom,,, perferably while i'm sitting in my stand.

GeauxLSU

Not sure but I can tell you nothing will make you pucker faster than a persimmon that's not ripe yet! :eek:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Just 1 More

Not sure but I can tell you nothing will make you pucker faster than a persimmon that's not ripe yet!

And you know this how???

My daughter wanted to taste one but I wouldn't let her,,, She did try an acorn though :rolleyes:

GeauxLSU

Just 1 More said:
Not sure but I can tell you nothing will make you pucker faster than a persimmon that's not ripe yet!
And you know this how???
You've never tried a persimmon that wasn't quite ripe yet? You'd know why. Not sure what that chemical is but NOTHING will dry your mouth like that! :eek:
It's amazing how something that taste so good (& sweet) when ripe can taste so awful just a few days prior....
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil