Anybody been on the Southeast Adventure boat?

crackerdave

They have converted a shrimp boat into a "mother ship" for kayak fishermen that cruises the Ga. coast.There was an article in the paper about it a week or so ago,and Randy said he was going. Haven't heard from him....... maybe he liked it so much,he ain't comin' back!:D

PaulD

Banned
Great story: I was fishing one of my spots right off where the ICW meets the sound a few years ago. The wind was picking up and the late summer thunder heads where building. I noticed a kayaker paddling down the ICW towards us. When he got about 20 yards away we hollered at him to come tie up to us and take a break. I could see he was tired. We offered him a drink which he graciously accepted. A second later a can of snuff was broke out and it was easy to see it directly caught the young mans eye. I offered him one and he was quick to except. The the most remarkable words followed,"I haven't had one since I was half way through South Carolina, when I ran out.". We talked to him for a while. When he graduated college he decided he wanted to kayak from Cape Hat. to Ft. Lauderdale. He had been paddling for almost 2 weeks and said he figured he had about another 2 before he made it to Lauderdale. He had a small one burner stove, some MRI's, a fishing rod and a little crab line and had pretty much been living off of what he caught and the little food he had.
I never saw anything about a guy getting into trouble a kayak in the following two weeks so I assume he made it safely.

crackerdave

That sure is an interesting story! I always wanted to do that,and go down the Chattahoochee to the Gulf.Never did,though.Too dang old and settled down,now.:bounce:

Hope he made it OK - he'll have some tales for his grandkids!