Mama & Baby Cardinals

Crickett

Little Lady
We have a shrub right next to the back porch. The other day I heard some baby birds chirping in it so yesterday I tried to see if I could see the nest & find out what kind of birds they are. I was able to pull one of the limbs back a peek inside. I found 2 baby cardinals. I snapped a couple of shots before Mama came back. I wasn't able to get a pic of Mama w/ the babies but I did get a shot of her on our fence.

Attachments

• Baby Cardinals 8460 (960 x 640).jpg
    Baby Cardinals 8460 (960 x 640).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Mommy Cardinal 8461 (960 x 640).jpg
    Mommy Cardinal 8461 (960 x 640).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 147

Smokey

That will be a fun thing to photograph as they grow up.

Crickett

Little Lady
I hope so. The nest is not too far off the ground so I really hope nothing gets them. We do have some snakes around here & the neighbor has a cat that likes to hang out around that side of our house.

quinn

Great find!Awesome shots.On the downside a snake picture as he was robbing the nest would be kinda cool too.

Hoss

Great find, Crickett. Good shot of the little ones and I bet mama wasn't to happy with you being there.

Hoss

Crickett

Little Lady
*Daddy Cardinal*

I checked on the baby birds this afternoon & found Mama & Daddy hanging around close by. I moved away from the shrub so that they couldn't really see me. I was able to get a pretty good close up shot of the Daddy bird bringing home some food for the younguns.

Attachments

• Daddy Cardinal 8466 (875 x 640).jpg
    Daddy Cardinal 8466 (875 x 640).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 121

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Neat find and share .... that "daddy" shot is really good Cricket ...

LOVEMYLABXS

Crickett ya got some really good shots :cool: Really like that one of dad brin home the groceries :fine:

wvdawg

Staff member
Neat discovery Crickett - great shots of the family - looking forward to more updates! Way to go!

Crickett

Little Lady
Thanks y'all! Checked on them again today & they are still doing good. It looks like they have started opening their eyes. I couldn't get a shot of them. I will try again in a few days. I don't want to bother them to much. I'm afraid Mama might abandon them if she thinks I'm messing w/ them.

JasonF

Very cool Crickett! You nailed those shots!!

Latest posts