Cardinal Update

Crickett

Little Lady
Me & the kids were out in the front yard this afternoon. I was trying to get some posed shots of them but my son wouldn't really cooperate(typical boy). Anyways, I noticed that the Mama & Daddy cardinals were hanging out in the dogwood tree that's next to the house so I went inside & swapped lenses so I could get some shots of them. They didn't really want to sit still for me so these are the best I could get. While I was shooting them from the porch I looked down & see something kinda fuzzy in the shrub. So I point the camera at it & zoom in & notice it's the baby. I couldn't believe it. Just a couple of days ago it looked like it barely had any feathers & now it's left it's nest already. So I eased down the steps to get a closer shot of the little guy/gal. I guess Mom & Dad were giving flying lessons! :clap:

Attachments

• Mama Cardinal 8538 (884 x 640).jpg
    Mama Cardinal 8538 (884 x 640).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 58
  • Daddy Cardinal 8547 (893 x 640).jpg
    Daddy Cardinal 8547 (893 x 640).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Baby Cardinal 8553 (902 x 640).jpg
    Baby Cardinal 8553 (902 x 640).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 57

rip18

Awwww! I'm glad you got a shot of the little fledgling!

I've got a photographer friend who says that if you want to drive a macho hunter nuts, give him a 300 mm lens and tell him to get a full frame picture of a cardinal! Much less a well-posed one in good light!

Hoss

They do grow fast. Very cool transformation. Thanks for documenting it for us Crickett.

if you want to drive a macho hunter nuts, give him a 300 mm lens and tell him to get a full frame picture of a cardinal! Much less a well-posed one in good light!

Exaactly why I went for 500mm.:cheers::cheers:

Hoss

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Nice youngster shot, 2'nd shot is neat

Smokey

That youg'n has a face only a mother could love!
Awesome shots.

quinn

Great shootin Crickett.It must be a female cardinal causr she ain't to pretty right now!