proud Mom

glue bunny

Hi everyone ,
I just wanted to tell you all about my daughter Jessica. She just completed her 3rd year at Mercer School of Pharmacy yesterday with their pinning ceremony. Some background: She was a straight A student, on the competition cheerleading team and class president in 10th grade. She became pregnant. Heartbroken is a mild word to say the least at how her dad and I felt. She finished the school year and then got her GED with honors. She had our grandson that october and started college(at 17) the following January. Her dream was to still be a Pharmacist so we said we'd help her with her dream. 6 years later she's almost done it!! and she's only 24!!. She's worked part time going to school, raised her son with our help and continued to be an A-B student.
Moms and Dads - please don't give up on your daughters if they become pregnant. See what ours has done and have hope that yours can do the same. Don't give up on them or throw them out of your home. That is the time they need your love and unconditional support the most.
What we thought was at first a tradegy we now thank God for. A strong, independent woman with a beautiful little boy. We are truly blessed.
Thanks for reading.
ME

rip18

Awesome. Congratulations. And thanks to you for being strong parents & grandparents.

CAL

proud mom,
My hat is off to you and your husband and your very smart daughter.I salute her for the job she is doing with her life and you folks for your love,help and support.You are more than just "truly blessed" and I think you know it.Thanks for sharing your story with us.Tell your daughter to keep up the good work.It will pay big in the end!

lungbuster123

Great story. I to had some problems in high school last year and made the choice to drop out and get my GED (somthing I regret more then anything.) But im trying to study and take my SAT test and go to college storys like this inspire me. Thanks for a wonderful thread! Tell your daughter congratulations for me.

Hoss

Congratulations to your daughter and her drive to succeed. I'm sure that you and your husband had a large role in her developing that attitude. She's a role model for the lesson that you've haven't failed if you don't quit.

Hoss

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
That is awesome,Congrats to her!

preacher

I just want to take a minute to thank God for parents like you! My two daughters are just now hitting the pre-teen age years, and we're trying to instill in them the fact that our home is a "safe place." We want them to know that no matter what happens in their lives that they can always come to my their mother and I for help. We want them to know that with God's help we can work through anything together. Congratulaions to you, your daughter, and your whole family and God bless!

Jody Hawk

That's good stuff !!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to her for reaching her goal and to y'all for supporting her !!!!!!! :clap:

This world could use more parents like y'all.

glue bunny

Thank you all for the wonderful comments - I am truly humbled by what has been written here. Not just for my daughter but for my husband and myself as well. The last thing I was expecting was all the praise for us.
Thanks again,
ME

glue bunny

Hi everyone - I just wanted to let you all know that my daughter Jessica graduated Saturday from Mercer University as a Doctor of Pharmacy !! As you can read from the post it's been a long journey for her and her Dad and I are as proud as can be. Thanks again for letting me brag on her accomplishment!!
proud Mom

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
Awesome...Simply outstanding!

Mistakes don't define people....How they overcome adversity does.

Bruz