Put Both Hands Out the Window...Now!!!!! Excitement in Montana

boparks

This past trip to Montana had a slightly different and interesting occurance.

The second evening we drove about 30 miles from the ranch and hunted a remote track that evening. While driving back down an interstate highway about 9:30 at night, I was replaying the video camera and my dad, my friend from Florida who was driving, and I were watching. (The driver just glanced back and forth as there was NO traffic)

We passed a State Patrol and were a little over the speed limit. He pulled out and we wondered if he would pull us over. He followed for a while and nothing happened.

We got back to watching the video and almost passed our exit which was "an exit to no where" as it was down to a gravel road. The driver had to make a quick snatch turn to not miss the exit and thats where the excitement began.

All of a sudden a bluelight came on and we pulled over. Before we knew what was happening the officer jumped out with gun drawn and started shouting and I quote "PUT BOTH HANDS OUT THE WINDOW RIGHT NOW". I mean he was screaming

This was repeated several times very quickly. I was fumbling trying to turn the camcorder onto "record" because I was not sure what or why this was happening and wanted some record of it just in case.

My dad put his hands out and then made the mistake of pulling one back in and trying to open the door because he thought he said to get out. I was expecting rounds to head our way at that point.

Finally after the officer approached the car and got a look at us and saw that we were hunters and even though we had shotguns up front with us, he started settling down. You could tell he was relieved

He told us that the reason he handled us the way he did was:

He truly thought we were a threat.

We were in an SUV with Idaho plates, made the quick almost evasive manuever off the exit that as far as he was concerned went to no where, and that we might just be trying to get him off the beaten path.

We told him that we almost passed the exit, and where we were staying, and that some idiot had a video going which may have started this whole debacle

We understood why he acted as he did and were relieved as well. We ended up having a good coversation. He even said that the Montana birds should be easy compared to our Easterns back home. He was actually from Maryland.

He was a super nice guy and I knew what he said was true because you could tell by his voice when he first pulled us that he was on edge.

He did charge us $20 for speeding which we paid on the spot.

Gave us something to talk about and I think my dads having second thoughts about hanging around us

Nitro

Banned
Dang...........Turkey hunting can get REAL exciting can't it?!?!?!!?

Glad yall didn't get ventilated!!

trkyhntr70

Whoa! That would have been a lil scary, Maybe your dad will calm down; Ya bunch of rebels!:bounce:

goob

Aaannnndddd where"s the video for the proof??????????:cool:

Gut_Pile

Did you have to change clothes on the side of the road?

Because a cop with gun drawn would have caused me to have an accident. :rofl:

ryanwhit

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's a classic story!

boparks

He charged you 20 bucks for speeding and paid on the spot? Can they do that? :hair:

They can and they write out the ticket and give you the carbon. They charged me $40 3 years ago and I was doing close to 90 mph but he dropped it down. I paid $40.

The roads are so straight it never feels like you're going that fast plus I can't prove it but I think the out of state rentals have rigged speedometers just to create revenue. I'm sure we never speed out there.;)

You do have a choice to appear

Goob, I apparently did not hit the record button although I thought I did. I was being encouraged to give a show of hands and rushed the shot

Will, it was an attention getter.

Last edited:

WESBULLDOGS

im not sure if i want yo go out of town with you anymore Bobby!!! im glad thay didnt pull that on us in Atlanta!!haha

Perkins

Now thats a Turkey story you cant forget! Awesome Bo, Glad the officer calmed down when he saw you were just a few good ole boy's!