Kayaks for fly fishing

yaknfish

That's mine in my avatar. Bigger pics in my album. Perception Search 13. Mostly the way I got it. Scotty mount between my knees, anchor trolley. I'd like a new paddle, eventually.

gabreamfanatic

well i will be getting the prowler 11 i seen a add in the whiter river fly catalog and i am glad i waited and didnt get the trident 13 but i still may get that one just got to make up my mind on which one

Randy

well i will be getting the prowler 11 i seen a add in the whiter river fly catalog and i am glad i waited and didnt get the trident 13 but i still may get that one just got to make up my mind on which one

By Prowler 11, I assume you mean the Trident 11. There is not much difference in the two really except for the length. You are better off all around with the T-13. Most any kayak can be a flyfishing kayak you just need less rigging on it so it does not get in the way. Another reason I like the Drifter for flyfishing is it does not have foot pedals to get the fly line hung on. It is a cleaner flyfishng yak.

yaknfish

Randy tells the truth about less rigging. That flyline in your lap will get tangled up with everything from your paddle to anchor rope to your shoe laces. But it makes setting up the yak a lot easier. And, when you attend yak fishing events, and see all the rod holders, fish finders, bait tanks, cleaning boards, espresso machines, etc, you can just smugly say "No dude, that's just more stuff to foul the fly line."

MadDawg51

Feel Free Moken 13

If I did things right there is a picture attached. Thats the Moken on the delayed harvest section of the Amicalola. The picture of the bow I caught that day - well, there wasn't a picture. I would have needed a close focus camera for that one.

Don't believe that stuff about fly line getting tangled on the rod holder, net, water bottle, leg, arm, etc. Half the fun of fly fishing is laughing at the other guy when your line isn't tangled. ;-)

Attachments

• DSCN0933 compressed.jpg
    DSCN0933 compressed.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 279