Eastern Bluebird

rip18

And one from today...

A male eastern bluebird on a perch. He was JUST outside minimum focusing distance with an extenstion tube - the extension tube was between the lens & the body to allow the lens to focus closer than was designed... He was trying to convince a female to move into a nearby bird house.

Nikon D3, Nikkor 600 mm with 25 mm extension tube, f/5.6, 1/125th second, ISO 1000, flash at ~-2 with better beamer, tripod, cropped to about 90% of frame.

Attachments

• 1140eablwebcrgon.jpg
    1140eablwebcrgon.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 92

GAranger1403

Smokin shot, I found the remains of one of my E. blues in the yard today. Not sure if cat or raptor got it, has been a RS. Hawk hangin around my feeders for a while!

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
W O W Rip!!!!

Beautiful capture

Smokey

Beautiful!
I've got tons of them around the farm here but never seem to get one in front of the camera.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
man i have them around but i can't kill the english sparrows fast enough to keep them on the nest !!! i need a trap that doesn't work if it sees blue !!! love the opposing angles of the bird and perch !

JasonF

Beautiful shot Rip!

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome!

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
RIP: I love all of the songbirds, but the Bluebird is by far my favorite. You have brought this one to life. Thanks!!