U.S Army Wounded Warrior Spring Turkey Hunt

Turkeydoghunter

When i was asked to guide wounded service men on a turkey hunt, i felt so honored ....the weather for saturday was bad rain and high winds kept the birds quite but i still called several birds in but we couldnt get a shot .... , Sunday the weather was worse snow, cold, but the wind wasnt as strong ......i owled serval times with no answer we went a little deeper in the woods ....we bumped a bird out the roost it looked like a hen ,,,,,i told platoon sergeant Jimmy Edington we should set up it wasnt 30 seconds after i called when we heard a cluck i called back and two gobblers approached....i told jimmy shoot but he said he couldnt see the beard....i told him it was a gobbler and to shoot,,,i think i told him about 4 times....i cutt at the birds loud and they gobbled ....that was all it took....he made a great shot and took a fine young gobbler.....what a feeling i had i almost cried ....to think my turkey hunting prowes would help make a young man so happy in this time of war, and all the pain he had suffered, for me and our country... ...i feel so lucky and honored.. im planning on organizing a fall turkey dog hunt this year for our boys....Ron

Attachments

• w.w. hunt-1.jpg
    w.w. hunt-1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 223
  • w.w. hunt-2.jpg
    w.w. hunt-2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 228
  • w.w hunt-3.jpg
    w.w hunt-3.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 225
  • w.w. hunt-4.JPG
    w.w. hunt-4.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 223

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Salute!!!! :flag:

DeweyDuck

Thank you sir for your tribute to our fallen warriors!!

trkyhntr70

Thats awesome!! If I had a better place to offer a hunt I would enjoy doing something like this for our servicemen. A small thank you to them putting their lives on the line to protect us and our families!:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Kevin Farr

Cheers to you, my friend. :cheers: And to the soldier/hunter on his bird.

greybeard

that had to be a thrill to be involved in something like that.Thanks for taking the time to help those that have given so much of their time for all of us.

Turkeydoghunter

thank you how about that snow!!!....it was so rewarding to do it ....the feeling was better than killn one myself.....it has inspired me to do more for boys... im going to organize a fall turkey hunt with the dogs ....if you are interested in huntn with soldiers .... check with your local army recruiting office....Ron