Get-together?

hntr2k

I am certain I am one of the newest guys on this forum, I moved to coastal Georgia last August, and I recall Capt. richie Lott and others getting together sometime after I arrived here, but I didn't then have a boat of my own and really didn't know anybody.

I am wondering if there are any plans to do a fishing/boating/picnic/family day for the membersof this board, friends, and family?

Is that a stretch? I really don't even know where we could hold something like that.

Should I just forget it. or are there others here interested in meeting folks from here and having a little fishing day thing?

Just throwing it out there.

I am happy to be here and I certainly appreciate all the great expertise and willing advice from all the participants here. You have all been great to me as the new guy.

KLM

Capt. Richie Lott

I am contemplating trying to get another one going for summer or maybe even a little shark tournament for fun. If we can get the Marina again here at Hickory Bluff, that makes it pretty awesome.

We'll need some help with it. PaulD, Retired, Gigi, Razor and others helped from this forum last time. We didn't have much luck on the reds, but we had a SUPER get together and had a great time. Thats what its all about anyhow.....

hntr2k

A Shark tournament sounds like a lot of fun. They were catching them like crazy off SSI Pier over the weekend.

Let me know if there is something I can do to help put something together. Glad to help any way I can.

(New mission: Find Hickory Bluff on Google Maps)

Capt. Richie Lott

Well, if everyone wants to go ahead and lets start thinking about this, we can get a ball rolling on it. I am prretty sure I can get the Marina.....

Throw in a shark tourney (most sharks in 6 hours) make it a 2 day event. Eat and hang out the first night when everyone arrives, then fish the next morning, then do it again that night as well.....

Who is up for doing this say around the end of June?

rifleroom

I like it Richie! If I'm not at a ball park somewhere, I'll be there.

Capt. Richie Lott

May have to plan around it Carlton!! We need to do it again. You're cookin this time! :p

PaulD

Banned
LOL!!!! Pick a week with good tides!!! Y'all can do the shark thing. Who ever is on my boat knows what I'll be catching :D!!!!

we need to keep "chef bor-yar-flamming eyebrows" away from the cooker this time.

hntr2k

I have a gas grill and a propane pot and burner (Turkey Fryer setup) for boiling if it is needed. I may also have access to a fairly large diamond plate oyster cooker/steamer/boiler thing.

rifleroom

If we can plan around it, I'll be glad to man the grill! Richie just make sure that you and Razor are on the Low Country Boil pot! PaulD, my brother!, I'm with you on the Trout fishing!

PaulD

Banned
Paul..trust me....I ain doing any cooking this time.

:rofl: You did fine cooking. It was just the ignition that yoyu had issues with.:D

Richie, It depends on the weather. may go out front....May stay in for a little trout, red, flounder action. :D

retired

Ya'll know my response-- Let's get it on the calendar and yes Paul on good tide dates. Scott- you getting a little gun shy of lighting cookers now????? Personlly I don't care what we fish for as long as we are fishing and have the opportunity to get together like we did last fall at Redfish One. It was a blast-just ask Scott (haha)

jamrens

Banned
i am down if i can find a boat to put me and my wife on.... And i can bring pizzas

razor1

Im always settin on go for a GON gathering....and can be available for the pot or anything else that may come up............EJ