Old Wise Bird

michaelknox

Two morninings in a row this bird circles half way around gobbles good comes in to around 70 yds and will not come any closer. Roosted pretty much same place each morning....Any Ideas??????????

hoppie

Call and get him coming. Shutup and move back 50 yards while he is out of sight or take someone with you that stays put while you bump back.

SwampWise

Hunt him in the evenin if you know where he is roostin you will kill em nearly every time if you got them patterned. If he is roostin in the same area he be there within a few hours before dark doin his thing before fly up ,get as close as you can to that area and i mean close. It works i have done it many many times on a hard to kill bird.

Gumbo1

With 5 days left, I would go in closer first thing in the am call and then wait him out. Don't even blink!!

blong

Do not hoot, crow or anything else to locate him. Let a natural sound strike him. Move in close and DO NOT call until he is on the ground. Good Luck

hawglips

Banned
Two morninings in a row this bird circles half way around gobbles good comes in to around 70 yds and will not come any closer. Roosted pretty much same place each morning....Any Ideas??????????

He's probably a young timid bird...