(Sorta) fishin' on Sunday

yaknfish

Had just a little bit of time Sunday afternoon, and a box full of freshly tied poppers and streamers. So, I headed over to the closest little neighborhood pond. When I got there, I had the place to myself. The water looked like bad coffee with a little bit of cream. Ugly. Windy, too. No biggie. I can still fish and get some casting practice. My choice of spots.

I hadn't been there over 20 minutes, when a crowd of kids, maybe 8 years old, and a couple of moms arrive. The kids have fishing poles and worms. Of course, they set up within 15 feet of me. I figured they weren't old enough to know any better. So, after a short conversation about worms, I did the most reasonable thing. I moved down the bank about 15-20 yards.

I'd fished in my new spot 10 minutes or so, when an older kid, maybe 14 showed up. Stood within 15ft of me. He wasn't fishing, tho. He was just throwing rocks in the water. Not skipping rocks, throwing big rocks. Figuring he was old enough to know better, I did the most reasonable thing. I popped him in the head with a Clouser.

Didn't catch anything either.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Been there before! :rofl: