grateful

Woodsong

I just stepped out to grab a late lunch. I was instantly taken by the cold rain and november type weather we are having today. Afterwards I came back to the home office to work for the afternoon on various things. I tell you what...I feel so grateful. Here it is cold and rainy out. I have a home that I own (ok the bank really owns it, but they let me live here anyway), a pantry full of food, everything is dry and warm inside, I have two little children that are healthy and growing each day, I have a great wife, work I enjoy, and I love the community I live in. I have enough money to get me by and I am not really worried about anything. All these gifts and more are from God- given to someone like me so completely undeserving. The best thing given to me is the love I feel inside for God, my family, my friends, my neighbors. Peace is truly the greatest gift we can have on this planet.

GeauxLSU

Amen brother. Just trying to increase the peace internally and externally a little everyday.... ::; :)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

sparky

peace

contentment,it feels good to lay down in your own bed and not worry about stray bullets,home invasions etc..the check's in the mail,mamma's happy,God is still in charge ! PS, rabun,what is going on where persimmon turns off 76 ?

PWalls

Amen to all of that.

I thank God every day for the blessing I have through his grace in my life.

Every once in a while I remember to also thank him for the trials he puts me through to help me grow as a Christian. Although I have asked Him a few times why He puts one guy in front of me on a regular basis that tests me on at least 5-6 of the 9 fruits of the spirit.

Handgunner

Amen!

As the lyrics to a song goes "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got"... :)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Amen; Good Posts.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Amen!

Not hardly a day goes by that myself and/or my wife get in from a hard day at work or come in from a cold dreary day, get supper ready & relax by a nice fire or in a cool house in the Summer, in our easy chairs, look at one another & say "There's no place like home! Thank you, Lord."

Too often we forget to add, "Bless those without these comforts."

Hambone

Good thread Woodman.

Our blessings are too numerous to even count. We are a blessed nation and we all should give thanks daily for all we have. Heck, even having a keyboard and the time to type this is a blessing that many don't have. Too often, we take all we have for granted.

Had a friend once say that he was thankful for nice, clean 100% cotton t-shirts. Yeah, even the little things are a blessing.

phoneman

great post

Great thread Woodsong, your post has all the ingredients for the makings of a John Denver song! That is a good thing! It is always good to hear someone reflect on all of the blessings in their life--life is full of "other things" but keeping a positive outlook is inspiring. God is good and life is what you make of it..