Old homestead

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I finally had my camera with me when I was in the area where this one is. I`m sure it has some stories as well.

Attachments

• 103_0730.jpg
    103_0730.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 255

Hoss

Yeah, there's some stories in there. That's a neat shot of the old place. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hoss

Havana Dude

Very cool. It is amazing how just a couple pieces of tin missing can wreak havoc on an old place. My Dads old homeplace, built in the late 1800's, is still standing strong, with some of the family keeping the roof intact. It's foundation is boulders with huge timbers, and rough cut floor joists, and 1" thick planks of various sizes.

quinn

Sweet !I'm glad you had yer camera with ya!

rip18

Yep, that is pretty neat. Lots of hours were spent in that building, I bet!

Jodi

I just love those old houses..lived in one as a child..Ahh memories!

BriarPatch99

Probably built by a gathering of neighbors and friends with the ladies cooking a feast and sewing flour sack curtains and the men building the house. Kinda like the old time hog killings.

Jim K

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Probably built by a gathering of neighbors and friends with the ladies cooking a feast and sewing flour sack curtains and the men building the house. Kinda like the old time hog killings.

Jim K

Too bad it can`t still be that way...

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice one Nic!

cornpile

Bet there was a jug or two,,,, of corn squeezins passed around on that porch in the cool of evening.