Final checks and a question.....

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Putting the final touches on my new, to me, Angler 204FX and going to Jekyll the last week of this month.
Trailer in top shape; new tires, brakes, lights.
Outboard runs good.
2 batteries, both in good condition.
Bilge pump working properly.
VHF radio functioning properly.
GPS and Nav system check. Nav charts on board and have studied the channels in the sound.
300' (continuous) of new anchor rope.
New flare gun kit.
Fire extinguisher checked.
Will file a float plan with the marina.
New line on reels.
Adequate number of type I and 1 type IV PFD's on board.

Now here's my question. Does keeping the type I pfd's in a T-bag on the top meet the requirements of "readily accessible" as spelled out in the regulations? Never had a T-bag before.

Oh yeah, I have a membership to TowBoatUS. The unlimited plan.

Thanks

Last edited:

PaulD

Banned
The Answer I have gotten from the LEO's in this area is, yes. I had one tell me one time,"If it's under 5 tackle boxs, a cooler or under lock and key then that won't fly! If it's where you can grab it in under 10 seconds that's fine, and as the book says it should be in plan sight."

Mweathers

I have kept mine in a tbag for years. It is fine, just make sure to lube the zipper occaisionally. CG will frown if they check you and you cannot get the @$%$ open, not to mention if you ever need them quickly.

Mike

thar31321

I hope you checked your bearing on your trailer too. New brakes and tires are worthless if the bearings are bad. I had a 12 hour trip to the keys turn into a 28 hour trip one time. I thought since I had a newer trailer that I would just shoot some grease in the hubs and be ok. Sorry for the long post just giving you a heads up