Anyone fish Jacks River?

WFFISHER

I am going to Jack's River at the end of the month for the first time and wanted to know which trail to take and the best places to fish along the river. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

MCBUCK

Take the Beech Bottom Trail and stay above the falls. it is about three miles in theat way, but by far the bettter fishing. You could take the river trail in from the old dam, but the fishing here is not that good. If you do take the river trail upstream, then fish above the falls. The hike in this way is still about 2.5-3 miles

kenmcree

Watch the snakes. I don't know what it is about that piece of ground up there, but there are snakes all over the place.

There are some good fish to be had, but you will have to really sneak in for access (more than normal) because it is easy to spook the trout given the terrrain.

luv2drum

I fished below the falls at the bridge and did not do well. :banginghe
We hiked in to the falls and I sprain my ankle before I got to the river, so my fishing got ended. :cry:
Then I got to hike out the 2.5 - 3 miles in the rain with a severley sprain ankle.