Since ya'll made me hungry a few times lately...

Browtine

I thought I'd return the favor. Haven't been replying to much lately but I've been looking and the food shots in here lately have made my mouth water.

I had a pork loin that I needed to either freeze or cook so I broke out some olive oil and rub and went at it. I'm doing the low carb thing so I'm trying to keep meat around for when I get cravings. When I want something I can't have I just grab a low or no carb bite and nibble to get my mind off of it. It's working. I've taken my duty belt up two notches in just over a week of this.

Anyway, back to rubbing (pun intended ;) ) tonight's cooking in a little on ya'll. I cut it in half to fit into a glass baking dish I have and coated it with olive oil. Then I broke out the "James's Do All" and went to town massaging it in real good. Once the oven was preheated I shoved a thermometer probe into it and chunked it in.

When it hit 135 internal I yanked it to peak in temperature and then "rest", then sliced it. PERFECT!!! A little pink in the middle and SO JUICY! I'm trying not to eat ANYTHING after around 7:00 PM, but I couldn't resist a little bite sized chunk off of the end. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I hope ya'll enjoy these pics as much as I've enjoyed ya'll's lately.

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 180

quinn

Nice now you made me hungry!Good to see ya!

Browtine

Nice now you made me hungry!Good to see ya!

Thanks. And yeah, I'm sitting here right now wanting to eat some of it! My belly is growling for it! It probably thinks my throat has been cut by now! :banginghe

LOVEMYLABXS

Well you're a better man then I am cause that thing looks good and iffin it had been me it would have never seen the next day :biggrin2:

Nice job on the pictures also Brow :banana:

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice cookin Chris! Glad I just finished supper! Juicy / tasty!

Browtine

Thanks for the comments. What's left of it is vacuum sealed as "snacks" or meals. It's every bit as good as it looks, too!

rip18

What's left? There sure wouldn't be much left if it was at my house! Looks scrumptious!

Browtine

Thanks. Ya'll should have seen the 8 ounce pan seared ribeye I made tonight, pre-rubbed with montreal seasoning and then topped with crumbled garlic herb feta cheese after it was cooked. Even better than the loin! None of that baby left for later though. I sort of pigged out... but still only maybe 2 grams of carbs from the cheese though. :bounce:

Browtine

What's left? There sure wouldn't be much left if it was at my house! Looks scrumptious!

Before I started "portion management" there wouldn't have been any leftovers here either. :bounce:

Latest posts