Pilated redhead woodpecker

quinn

This guy came and landed on the back deck for a quick minute.I snapped a couple of quick shots.i had the camera setup for something else so this is the only somewhat decent shot.I still wanted to post it cause I thought he was one cool bird.i hope he comes back one day!

Attachments

• wwoody.jpg
    wwoody.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 251

Redbow

We have a lot of those around our area, they sure can be noisy ! Beautiful creatures though !

Lee Woodie

you lucky dog I'm still wating for one good job

wvdawg

Staff member
Wow! Hope he comes back!

Crickett

Little Lady
Cool! I got a shot of some kind of woodpecker the other day but the shot is terrible. I may post it up anyway just to get an ID on him.

Hoss

Just when you get a chance for a shot like that is when you left the camera set up for something else nowhere near the settings you need. Hate it when that happens. Surely got a fine capture of him even with the settings off.

Hoss

rip18

Pretty neat! Hope he comes back again and again!

FourEyes

yes, it's a Pileated, not a Red-headed. They are cool. My first reaction to one was My Lord in Heaven What the Heck Was That?! Ivory-billed Woodpeckers were called the Lord God birds because people reacted to them similarly. I think Pileateds come dang close to having the same effect! When they fly over, calling, it's like seeing a pterodactyl go over. They don't hang out in flocks, so if you have them coming back in numbers, you have a family unit: Lucky you!

Latest posts