What a SEASON------

Auchumpkee Creek Assassin

Gone But Not Forgotten
What a season!!!!!!!! killed my Georgia gobbler, the 1st week of season ,and headed to FL the 2nd weekend for Osceola's, killed a nice 3 year old gobbler in FL. Then back to Ga. for another nice 3 year old gobbler in Middle Ga..

Then the "TRIP", A friend of mine from Fl "4nolz" invited me to a mid-west turkey hunt,-----ON THE ROAD------- we got to Iowa and he killed a nice 4 yrd old, gobbler the 1st morning-- and i got my Iowa gobbler the 2nd morning , with a Black Powder shotgun,.was a awesome hunt, had 3 gobblers fly in a cut over corn field at daylight, and hens took them over the hill, about 30 min. later a lone gobbler and 4 deer come back over the hill. The deer stop at 50 yrds, and the gobbler kept coming, the Knight 2000 ML, dropped the gobbler at 32 yrds. Awesome hunt on a rainy damp morning , after the shot the black power smoke hovered overed the gobbler--------------way cool.

Then it was to Nebraska------1st morning ===I hunted with "Cuz" from Mossy Oak , and cameraman" Steven "of Mossy Oak. At daylight, the gobbler's poured out of the cottonwoods--------with HENS. Cuz called and called , but the hens took them away from us.
We headed back to camp, we stopped off at another tract. Cuz and i walked to a row of cedars, Cuz called, gobbler answered about 200 yards away, We crawled up to the edge of a field near where the row of cedars "t" in to the field of Cuz sat by a piece of old IH farm equiptment, and the camera man and i crawled to a nearby tree .Cuz started calling.
The gobbler came in with 2 hens in front of the line, camera man said shoot, i did not have a shot, the gobbler walked behind a blown down dead cedar at 30 yrds, by this time the hens were 8 yrds form Cuz, i could see the hens out of the coner of my left eye. I thought it was over, The gobbler eased out behind the blow down and camerman said shoot........and boom, i looked at him and said you said shoot RIGHT??? We both started laughing, gobbler on the ground. What an nice color, on him as well. 4nolz had killed his gobbler on another tract that morning, So we both had birds on 1st morning in Nebraska.

Cuz and Crew had to fly out at 1pm, so we all said our goodbye's ate some lunch and back to the woods ( mostly fields).......Nolz killed his bird around 3pm, and i had 8 gobbler's and 4 jakes on my afternnon hunt.,at 10 FEET:biggrin2:.............picked out the lightest --which happend to the Boss gobbler out of the crowd and took him at 10 yrds. So Nebraska ---3 day hunt, been in camp for day and 1/2 and tagged out---good feeling for sure.

Next day we headed to South Dakota----got to Holiday Inn, and Ronnie Smith's TV motor home was parked there, He was hunting nearby as well. Taked with him, that afternnon, they had killed several nice gobblers that week.So we we excited about our hunt.

Rested and hunted the next morning----i killed my 2 gobblers , in 2 hours of hunting---a double in South Dakota----Tagged out ---------------good feeling again.
Mike killed his double in the afternoon---so he limited out as well, WE BOTH limited out 1st day in to a 2 day hunt-------next day we head back to his farm in Iowa,rested a couple days and back to Ga/Fl .later in the week------------long trip-----............3585 miles to be excact on the Tacoma.....2 guys----10 gobblers in 4 days of hunting on our wid-west hunt trip we were gone 12 days-------------pic's on the way----i have to download then.:smash:

Last edited:

boparks

Now that is a great season in more ways than one!

Congratulations

PS: It makes me feel better to know that hens take gobblers away even from Cuz on occasion

Dupree

bring on the pics!

Gone But Not Forgotten
my Nebraska Gobbler, i got hunting with "Cuz" and Mossy Oak camera crew---this one is going on the wall.......

IMG_0063-1.jpg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Me and Steven .......cameraman for Mossy Oak
great bunch of Guys to hunt with !!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0059.jpg

Gone But Not Forgotten
a pic of the property we hunted in Nebraska===
trees near creeks and rivers, and a few trees along cattle fence lines...........

IMG_0085.jpg

nhancedsvt

Banned
Glad to see the gun is working out for you. Congrats on a great season Mr.Tim!

Gone But Not Forgotten
Glad to see the gun is working out for you. Congrats on a great season Mr.Tim!

nhancedsvt, The gun is a proven killer:hair:, i put a "indian creek tube" on it, and shooting hevi shot 6's, (3"- 2 oz) and a red dot scope makes all the difference in the world . I did not get it for a turkey gun, put after i shot it a couple times, i put my 10 gauge in the safe. Thanks for the trade. The gun has a few miles on it now.:biggrin2:

Last edited:

Gone But Not Forgotten
my 2nd Longbeard on the Nebraska part of the hunt----8 longbeards and 4 jakes at 10 FEET will un-nerve a guy for sure....

IMG_0111.jpg

Hawken2222

Good stuff and congrats.