First Bow on a Dry!!

MCBUCK

My son, Topwater94, puts me on some fish every now and again. I have been able to catch a few of them on Wooly buggers, and nymphs, but this past Friday, he put me on my first every dry fly bow! What a rush! I wound up catching three, and missing Lord knows how many more, but it was a blast none the less. I think he had tied on a white winged parachute dun for me, I don't remember, but it was still too cool. Here is a pic of a fat old deer hunter reeling in my little 10" bow on a 3wt. We were at Curtis Switch.

Attachments

• first dry fly fish.jpg
    first dry fly fish.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 230

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats!!!!!!!!:cool:

bowbuck

Congrats, and hopefully many more to come. This is the time of year it really starts happening on top.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Thought that pic looked familiar... congrats... Dry Fly fishing is habit forming....

WinMag.300

Congrats!

Its a blast watching one rise! Very addicting...

MCBUCK

I had caughtabout 4 or 5 on nymphs, and then Chase tied on the parachute for me. He told me I would get addicted to the dry flies, and he was right. Like I said in the OP, I only caught 3 on the dry, buy it was almost surreal. Good thing he really likes to FF, cause he will wind up having to take me with him more, whether he likes it or not.:bounce:

TopWater94

Ruined

He sure is, but I may start charging him like everyone else;) jk, dad gets the discount trips. 225 full day with 225 $ rebate at end of day. For 21 years of in home service. Love you dad...