tybee Pier fishing

smittyg

I went for the first time this year on Sunday 5/16. I saw whiting, small blues, spadefish, bonnethead sharks and stingrays being caught. unfortunatly they were'nt biting my lines. we fished from 6:00am to almost 2:00 pm. so we had every moment of high tide. just before packing it up I did manage a small bluefish and what appeared to be a pompano.my next trip will be to St. Simon's next month. ghopefully I'll have better luck.........until then, Tight lines everyone

Bigdipper

Hey smitty what was your setup? (bait,hook,leader and weight)

I live about 40 mins from tybee and i'm there at least very other weekend. Like you said high tide is the best and try to sling that bait out as far as you can. Hate to hear that the fishig was slow.

smittyg

4oz pyramid sinker, 2 hook fishfinder wire leader 20lb. mono line on 7' spinning combos shrimp was my bait of choice. hook sizes varied throughout the day

oldenred

when i fish the pier i usually use a small hook # 4 eagle claw or something like that. unless i am targetting something bigger. but usually all you catch out there is blues, spades, yellowtails an whiting not to mention sharks galore this time of year. you can catch reds, trout , flounder and black drum also and sometimes spanish. but you have to target them for the most part.

Kendall77

Rig pic

4oz pyramid sinker, 2 hook fishfinder wire leader 20lb. mono line on 7' spinning combos shrimp was my bait of choice. hook sizes varied throughout the day
Would you happen to have any pics of this rigging? I don't think I've been doing mine right.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
u fishin from shore or a boat?
what r u hoping to catch?

bigmthbass

i was down there 4th of july weekend and they closed the pier so they could set up fireworks. we fished the south end by the rocks and caught a small shark but the current was reallllly strong because of a storm the previous few days(what a lifegaurd told me). sunday we fished the thunderbolt pier and had bites all day. caught about 8 small blacktip sharks(12-16 inches long) and 1 huge stingray about 4ft wing to wing. saw a small trout caught. caught these fish on bait i cast netted on the pier.
hope this helps

Mud Minnow

Tybee pier is my fav. Wide veriety of fish and usually some good company.

smittyg

I always wanted to fish thunderbolt. I just cant fit it into my trips down there,"timewise that is".
@ mudminnow, you live within minutes of me. I live near tinytown in Carlton.
Bigmthbass. I like the rocks closest to the light house. they hold alot of fish sometimes.

Mud Minnow

I always wanted to fish thunderbolt. I just cant fit it into my trips down there,"timewise that is".
@ mudminnow, you live within minutes of me. I live near tinytown in Carlton.
Bigmthbass. I like the rocks closest to the light house. they hold alot of fish sometimes.

Cool man, let me know how the st simons trip goes. The light house is my bro (sea trout) and my favorite spot too!