Found out the hard way how to remove a treble hook

IdRatherBHunting

Went Sunday morning and managed to get a large treble hook embedded in my buddies leg (deep). Lessons learned #1 dont leave a lure hanging on the side of the boat ever. #2 know how to remove a hook.

Thank god for technologuy and Google. I was able to read how to remove a hook using mono and a good ole tug.

The good news is that it works and works well,

PaulD

Banned
Yes it does! Been there and done that many times. Sorry to hear that happened to your buddy but atleast it wasn't in the head or face, I've seen both.
Good work on getting it out and not panicing.

EastmanFireFighter

Man I got hooked Saturday evening right in the little bump entering your ear. The cartilage part. Went all the way through. We just cut the hook and pushed it on through and went back to fishing. It only hurt just a little bit. I have never wanted no diamonds in my ears and surely not a thought now:)

ugakbk

I was 20 miles off of Savannah when I stepped onto a large treble hook attached to about an 8" rubber lure. Someone on the boat left it laying on the deck, and I was barefoot and took a steadying step when a wave hit. Had to snip it, then back it out...not something I want to experience again. I will say that I always have shoes on in the boat now.

IdRatherBHunting

Just so everyone knows the best way to remove it is to double up a piece of mono and put it arounf the hok and snatch it right out sounds painful but its not

I was 20 miles off of Savannah when I stepped onto a large treble hook attached to about an 8" rubber lure. Someone on the boat left it laying on the deck, and I was barefoot and took a steadying step when a wave hit. Had to snip it, then back it out...not something I want to experience again. I will say that I always have shoes on in the boat now.

I always have on shoes or boots, never just flip flops or bare feet. There's always an anchor shank falling over, pliers getting dropped, sunburn, ladyfish dookey, all kinds of stuff I don't want on my feet.

capt stan

Yea I had to yank two outa me last year one was in my wrist, the other got into my knuckle of the thumb as it was bent...dude that one hurt.... The barb and 1/2 the shaft of the #4 treble was buried in the joint of the thumb with it bent... Still have that feeling like your leg went to sleep in my whole side of that thumb since June of last year. Musta ripped a nerve on the way out... Still works though!!!

Worst part was the 20 or so lb king thrashing with the other hook from the rig in him and the stinger hook in my thumb...:hammers:

oldenred

knock on wood it has never happened to me! but with my luck it will happen with one of my 10/0 or larger hooks i use for sharks

d-a

Just so everyone knows the best way to remove it is to double up a piece of mono and put it arounf the hok and snatch it right out sounds painful but its not

On a single hook, im a push it thru and cut it off kinda guy. Doubles allways get the yank and yell method.

d-a