Snapper

wvdawg

Staff member
Walked up on this big boy (or girl) as I was crossing the creek on Saturday. Wonder how old he/she is?

Attachments

• T051 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    T051 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 312
  • T054 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    T054 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 309
  • T053 copy (600 x 399).jpg
    T053 copy (600 x 399).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 307
  • T060 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    T060 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 318
  • T061 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    T061 copy (600 x 400).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 319

quinn

Nice shootin there dawg!We were at the park one day and this lady was telling a fisherman the one he caught was about 80 years old.It was smaller than that one.The man said he is gonna be good with some maters and carrots!

Roberson

Kinda hard to tell how big it is, but I don't think it is real old, the top of the shell is still smooth, no ridges. I came across a BIG one awhile back, and his shell had big ridges on it. Good shots, wvdawg.

Roberson

He looks like he's wearing a spiked collar in the third pic!

Last edited:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looks like a young one to me too. If they bite you, they don`t let go till it thunders. :D

Nice pics.

wvdawg

Staff member
Looks like a young one to me too. If they bite you, they don`t let go till it thunders. :D

Nice pics.

That's what grand daddy always told me!
Got him to open his mouth a couple times but couldn't get a pic with the long lens on. He was probably 12" to 14" wide.

Lee Woodie

young or old they still bite hard Great captures

Smokey

A good picture of some bad attitude.

carver

great shots

chewy32

Kinda hard to tell how big it is, but I don't think it is real old, the top of the shell is still smooth, no ridges. I came across a BIG one awhile back, and his shell had big ridges on it. Good shots, wvdawg.

Pretty shore thats 2 different turtles. If im not mistaken the ricky ridge back is the endangerd alligator spapper. This one is the tough to chew regular snapper but taste like chicken had some last weekend.

megansdad

Hey D.J haven't been to camp in a while. I guess you are finally able to croos the creek. That's a cool picture. Hope to get down there soon.

wvdawg

Staff member
Hey D.J haven't been to camp in a while. I guess you are finally able to croos the creek. That's a cool picture. Hope to get down there soon.

Yep - been across about three times so far - water almost to the top of the boots and the sandbar is soft and mushy on the opposite side. Lots of good tracks though!
DJ

godogs57

You are right Chewy....ridges on the back = Alligator snapper. This one is the plain vanilla snapper. Both will snap your fingers off with equal quickness!

Latest posts