What is happening in Heard?

Ehampt

I was down there this past weekend near Texas, and saw a nice 140-150 class through the brush. He was upwiind of me and the sun was at my back, but he turned and walked back in the thick stuff once he got to the edge. Very little sign. I was wondering what is happening there now? I am up in Cumming and will not be back down for a week or so. I hope to get up close and personal with him!

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Last weekend I saw 1 deer the whole weekend in my club near Ephysis and it was standing in a plot that I was walking by on the way out of a hardwood bottom late one evening after dark.

I did find 3 small scrapes that were fresh and a few not so fresh rubs before I left Sunday afternoon.

No one else seen much this past weekend on our club.

Hopefully this weekend will be better!

Ehampt

Heard

Good luck. How far is that from Texas? I just talked to my buddy who is there now and he did not see anything this evening. The boy I saw last weekend had 12" g-2's. I almost fell out of my stand. He stayed in the thick stuff and did not give me a clear shot at the vitals. Hopefully he will still be there next weekend.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Ehampt, there's just a few states between us... :D

Just kidding, I really don't know where Texas is at in Heard and I didn't even know it existed until last weekend.

We're locatd between Roosterville and Ephysis off of Airport road and Hwy 27.

Good luck with that biggun! We gotta a couple of bigguns running the property also, though they aren't seen very often.

Ehampt

heard

I guess that is how they get so big. I have only hunted the property once, but willdefinitley be there again. I take exit 47, the first newnan exit. It is north of there, aobut 5 miles from the Alabama line. Shoot straight.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Gotcha! I'm gonna look it up on a map now that you mention it. Like I said earlier I had never even heard of a Texas in GA until some of the guy's in camp mentioned it last weekend.

Ehampt

It is just north of Franklin, I believe. When did this site crash? I have been a member for a year or so, but had not visited in a while. When I tried, I had to re-register. I finally got access to that property I mentioned, after not hunting at all last year. Near about went crazy. Wanted something a little closer to Cumming, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, deer here ain't what they got down your way

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Yea, you are southwest of us. The site was reformatted a couple of months ago. Glad you found your way back.

I hear ya about wanting something closer, I live in Lawrenceville myself. The way everythings built up around me now, there's hardly any place to hunt without driving for at least an hour to 2 hours or more.