Hummers on the wing (again)

LOVEMYLABXS

Well ya know I couldn't leave them alone :biggrin2: Now this one I think is my best so far at stoppin the wings but as you'll see I got a couple more that aren't bad but first a Calliope

Attachments

• DSC_0021 copy.jpg
    DSC_0021 copy.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 41

LOVEMYLABXS

A Blackchin. I'm starting to see a few more comin around but like Rufus they are pretty territorial and don't sit still for long before they are off and running others off.

Attachments

• DSC_0054 copy.jpg
    DSC_0054 copy.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 45

LOVEMYLABXS

I think this is a Calliope hen. I can tell a Rufus hen apart from the others but the rest have a lot of the same chin makings

Attachments

• DSC_0069 copy.jpg
    DSC_0069 copy.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 44

LOVEMYLABXS

And now for a swarm where I almost got a couple of them really well. Oh and I just filled the feeders yesterday and as you can see the little hogs have almost emptied them again .........

Attachments

• DSC_0044 copy.jpg
    DSC_0044 copy.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 44

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
WOW...that's really impressive! I think it's amazing when people can stop the wings in a pic without blurring.

(I usually just lurk in this forum, but had to comment on this one)

LOVEMYLABXS

WOW...that's really impressive! I think it's amazing when people can stop the wings in a pic without blurring.

(I usually just lurk in this forum, but had to comment on this one)

Why THANK YOU nice turkey in your avatar wish I could get close enough for a shot ............ with the shotgun :shoot::rofl: Congrats

rip18

Yep, those are mighty fine. I really like how you can see through the thin, little wing in that first shot!

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
Thanks! It was my first one. Just curious, but what kind of camera are you shooting with?

wvdawg

Staff member
Wow - getting better with leaps and bounds! Nice mushin!

LOVEMYLABXS

Thanks! It was my first one. Just curious, but what kind of camera are you shooting with?

A Nikon D50 with a Sigma 70-300 lens for these but I do use my Kodak 812 every now and then

Yep, those are mighty fine. I really like how you can see through the thin, little wing in that first shot!

Yep I'm real happy with that one Rip THANKS

Wow - getting better with leaps and bounds! Nice mushin!

I figure if I keep mushin the button I got to get a keeper now and then :rofl: They give me lots of oppertunities :fine:

mlbfish

WOW Mike those a fantastic. You might be able to tell by most of my post I love bird shots. Just wish I could get the hummers around here like you do. Keep those shots coming.

Hoss

Mike, I think these are your best to date. Love the wings in the first shot and the detail in the third is awesome.

Hoss