Little Critter and a native marsupial

rip18

I haven't shared a Little Critter update in a while...

Little Critter added yet another animal to her list of petted animals on our recent trip to south Alabama. She got to pet Loretta the Possum at the 5 Rivers Education Center just off the causeway near Mobile, Alabama. Loretta is being rehabilitated there & used for education after being rescued off of a road-killed momma possum.

We were looking for treasures in the gift shop there, when the lady said that she didn't want to frighten my daughter, but she thought we ought to know that there was a possum right behind us. Little Critter was delighted, rather than frightened, when she discovered the furry possum curled up asleep amongst a nest of snuggly towels!!!

Luckily, I had my camera slung around my torso on a strap, but this a case where a built-in, on-board flash sure would have come in handy! I had a flash in my bag, but no time to dig it out. I quickly dialed the ISO up to 1250 & the aperture down to f/4 and shot away. This was the best I got...

Nikon D3, Nikkor 28-80@ 28 mm, f/4, 1/50th second, ISO 1250, no flash, handheld.

Attachments

• 0094aispossumwebcrgon.jpg
    0094aispossumwebcrgon.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Lil Critter sure loves her critters! Great shot!

Sunshine1

Too cool.............glad she wasn't afraid!!!:D

Lee Woodie

Great capture and they have been rehabilitating it for a while it's big and fat and that little Critter looks to be having a great time also

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Cool shot and a healthy possum. They tame up pretty well too.

Hoss

Awesome. Little critter is getting a great wildlife education. Cool shot of her meeting another friend.

Hoss

carver

what a sweet little girl

LOVEMYLABXS

Yep Rip got to always have the camera ready ya just never know when that GREAT mushin shot will show up :cool: