Excalibur crossbow

bamaboy812003

My dad is giving me his 2008 pheniox and hes buying the new exomax. my questions is what can i expect when hunting with a crossbow. Im a compound guy so the crossbow thing is new to me. All the reviews seem to be good but i like yalls feed back. Thanks everybody

DEERFU

Ive had 2 and still would much rather hunt with my switchback. You can't beat an excaliber for smooth shooting and accuracy.

Don't expect a second shot opportunity like you might get with a compound. In addition, your best served hunting out of a stand where you have a place to lay it, kinda like a rifle. They can zing an arrow lightning fast, but if you love your compound, you might not like the crossbow. It shoots kinda like a single shot rifle. I am gonna buy an exomax this year as well but am gonna buy mine used. You can find them from time to time for around 400 to 500 dollars. Good luck!

JWilson

I have both an xt and an exomax I love both of them both have a purpose. If you can shoot you wont need a second shot. I have never needed a second shot but thats just me. People on here love to bash the Xbow. But who cares what other people think as long as your happy. Just hunt and be happy.

Hunter922

My father is 68 and he hunts with one. Smooth and FAST. He hunts from a ground blind and a stand and has killed plenty from both..He has killed some giants on or Cobb property with his Exomax..