*2010 Turkey Season Final Stats* (Great Numbers)

Gut_Pile

Here are the stats that I got from the survey in one of my previous threads. Thanks to all that took their time to answer.

46 people answered the survey....here are the totals

Total Number Killed.....94

Jakes Killed.....10

2yr Olds Killed.....41

3yr Olds Killed.....35

4yr Olds Killed.....8

Dates

3/20-3/27......26

3/28-4/3.....15

4/4-4/11.....14

4/12-4/19.....11

4/20-4/27.....10

4/28-5/5.....9

5/6-5/15.....9

Times

6-7am.....3

7-8am.....23

8-9am.....17

9-10am.....16

10-11am.....8

11am-12pm.....6

12-1pm.....2

1-2pm.....3

2-4pm.....0

4-5pm.....4

5-6pm.....2

6-7pm.....3

Birds Seen (Including Killed)

Jakes Seen.....187

Longbeards Seen.....419

Thanks to all that answered. Only 2 people answered that didn't kill birds so I know these numbers are a little skewed. Through the 46 people who answered the average was 2.04 birds per hunter which is very impressive. Would love to get 100 answers but 46 will work for now. Thanks again to all that answered!

nhancedsvt

Banned
That's pretty impressive. The best part is how many birds were seen and not killed!:cool:

boparks

Will, This is impressive. You have some time in this.

The only thing that surprises me is the lower number of birds killed after 9:00.

It makes me wonder how many hunt until 11:00 to noon?

Gut_Pile

Mr. Bobby it made me wonder too. I guess a lot of people quit a little early.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My fla bird was around 11 to12 and i do hunt hunt all day alot! Just worked that way!

nhancedsvt

Banned
Mr. Bobby it made me wonder too. I guess a lot of people quit a little early.

Well you figure 56 of the 94 birds killed were killed before 10. Most folks had probably already killed there bird and were in the truck headed home by 11!:clap:

jdthayer

Glad you took the time to do this. I missed the original thread, but you can probably figure why these numbers are there. Early season birds versus late season birds, early morning = more vocal birds, etc....... It's interesting to see the numbers. And to answer your question, Boparks, (I'm sure you already know) most mediocre hunters don't quite know how receptive the birds can be later in the morning, or they just don't have the gall to hang with it. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks of turkeys year round, even during all the other seasons and my many other pursuits. Y'all have a great summer!

It makes me wonder how many hunt until 11:00 to noon?

i did, quite a bit. i never heard a gobble all season after 11am... hunted all day. morning. eve... tried it all. not a single gobble after 11am... for me they were wide open from 6am til 10:00am and then a total shutdown...

gaturkey99

these are some interesting numbers. i'd be glad to see it year after year with hopefully more and more participants. thanks again for the time man, makes some interesting reading.