Chickasawhatchee this month

sbrown

Anybody going to Chickasawhatchee later this month for the pig hunt? I was thinking about it. Never been there before but would like a chance to shoot a pig before bowseason gets here.

powhs

Gnats and mosquitoes will be hunting you this time of the year.
I have seen more water moccasins there in one day than all the moccasins seen in 20 years of hunting other places.

rastaman

Can u hunt hogs on Chickasawhatchee (or any other wma's) if small game season, turkey, or deer season is not in? i know we can't hunt them on the flint river wma's unless some kind of hunting season is open. Am i misreading the regs? We can hunt private land no problem anytime of the year.

markland

Several WMA's have special hog hunts outside of normal seasons and this is 1 of them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A hunt in Chickasawhatchee this time of the year can be full of rewards, but it will test you. No doubt that.

speedcop

You cant kill one sitting home in the bug free zone. Get on some repellant and get out there. I've killed some nice hogs on the chick. Snake boots, repellant (lots) and be prepared to stay wet. You wont regret it.

sbrown

You cant kill one sitting home in the bug free zone. Get on some repellant and get out there. I've killed some nice hogs on the chick. Snake boots, repellant (lots) and be prepared to stay wet. You wont regret it.
You said it. Not saying I won't gripe about the mosquitoes, snakes and heat, but an opportunity to hunt is always welcome.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
What other WMA's are having Hog Hunts before Bow Season.......I have to work or I would be going ...........Man, I never thought to even look. Thanks for posting!

Nevermind........just went through the Regs book. Looks like Elmodel, Flint River and maybe one other, but they are about as far as you can get from my house............Bummer!

I am on Vacation the week of the 4th of July............Sure do wish there was a place I could go Hog Hunting around that time.