Neat find on our new lease

satchmo

Devolve and me were scouting our new lease and came across this old house place. The cows have been useing it as their fort by all the "evidence" we found.
Really neat find. It had to have been there for over a hundred years. You can tell where electricity was added later to the house.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 2,402
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 2,416
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 2,404

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ain`t no tellin` how many stories that one could tell. I haven`t seen "brick" tarpaper in a long time.

shakey gizzard

Beware!I believe that siding has asbestos in it!:huh:Cool find though! Might need to rent a metal detector!:bounce:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reminds me a bit about the first house I can remember in the 40's. It was built out of chert rocks from the field, had no ceiling. When we went to bed you were looking up at the tin. Move around a little and could see stars thru small old nail holes where the tar had come off. When it rained, we knew where to put all the pots, pans and buckets. I also remember, we got electricity in 1952, and later on, a phone of sorts. Great pictures, enjoyed the look.

RipperIII

I've always thought that a place like this would be the perfect ambush spot for an all day hunt,...especially in sketchy weather.
The animals will never place a second glance,...are there any fruit trees nearby?

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great Deer Blind.:biggrin2:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Be a good place to get snakebit, too.

SmokyMtnSmoke

What county is this located in? Cool place to poke around. It'd be cool to time warp back to when that place was "a livin' and a breathin' ". Looks like a hard life was lived there.

rayjay

This may be a ridiculous idea but it almost looks like the house was moved there or has been raised up or something. I can't imagine anybody building a house on top of such a shakey foundation.