Caught something 3 Days later

Georgia Hard Hunter

Got in from fishing the Hiwassee late Friday night, piled my gear in my rocker and hung my vest on the back of my tying bench chair. Now 3 days later I've caught something on the double #14 sulpher soft hackle rig hooked on to
the patch on my vest. ITs my 11 week old mini Dachsund who has swallowed one of the soft hackle flies. Beanee (Yes he is a weenee dog so I named him Beanee "Beanee Weenee")was a replacement for my wife's 4 yr old Pomeranian which got into some Rat poison and we had to have her put down about 4 weeks ago. Now I'm in big trouble and poor little Beanee has about 8" of a 12" double rig down his throat and the other end still hooked onto my vest. So I just got back from the vet where Beanee's surgery went well, I'm $700 poorer, and the wife's not speaking to me.

I bet that's near the top in the list in the "strangest things caught" list.

One a better note the Vet expects a full recovery for Beanee, I can't say as much for my marriage or checkbook

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Aw Man! That is a tough one right there. Sorry to hear it. Hope Beanee and your Marriage fully recovers.

Buck Nasty

I've heard of using Weenies as bait, but not to this extent.... ::gone:

Seriously, I hope Beanee recovers fully. Get Well Soon Beanee!!!

Fletch_W

Banned
When I was a kid, I left a weenie on the end of a hook on the front porch after catfishing in the creek. Next thing you know, the family dog was running down the street trying to get away from the zebco 303 combo that was chasing her. Luckily, the hook was in the mouth, not the tummy, and dad took care of it with a pair of pliers. That dog never let my dad near her again. No lie.

deerhunter388

my moms little yorkie/peekeneze mix got a crappie jig in her nose while we were fishin once and she was straining so hard when we were trying to get it out that one of her eyes literally popped out. its was pretty gross my dad just popped it back in after it happened. luckily we didnt need a vet visit.

Hope everyhting heals with time - Excellent name for the dog by the way..