Cpap/Distilled water????

contender*

I bought a new Cpap the other day and decided to follow the instructions:bounce::bounce:::ke: this time and use distilled water because my other Cpap gets a lot of scale build up in the tank. So I used it for a week with the distilled water and ended up with a bad skin irritation (almost like really bad chapped) around my nose. SOOO I go buy a new mask thinking that's the problem, no dice. I tried my old machine with the distilled water and same irritation. The only thing I can come up with is that the distilled water is causing it so I'm going back to tap water (well water) to see if that is the problem because that is the only thing that has changed. Can't figure out why distilled water would cause it because it's suppose to have all the impurities removed. Anyone else had a problem similar?:huh::huh:

bnew17

when i worked at a home healthcare place i set up alot of cpaps and o2 machines...they always told me they reccomended purified water but regular tap water would be OK.

sodbusterman

Some distilled water is not up to par...we just used some crystal springs distilled water in a sensitive piece of medical equipment that requires it and has a water sensor...the water kept failing and it ended up being a bad gallon of the water. The company said this was common and recommended getting a TDS meter to test the water before use. Crystal springs makes distilled and reg drinking water...I guess they filled a few distilled with reg drinking water.

dbodkin

Soft gel nose buds with distilled water. How about temperature of the water? Mines heated or was until I lost the weight and tossed CPAP