Armadillo problem

Arrow3

Ive got an armadillo problem here at my house....I think its only one right now but he is tearing up my yard and getting in our shrubs and hostas.....Other then camping out all night and killing him, is there any other options?

contender*

Wonder if you could set a steel trap where he's hanging out and get lucky, maybe use some type of natural funnel that he would have to pass through. That is of course if you or your neighbors don't have dogs or cats running loose.

Arrow3

Wonder if you could set a steel trap where he's hanging out and get lucky, maybe use some type of natural funnel that he would have to pass through. That is of course if you or your neighbors don't have dogs or cats running loose.

That wont work...We have a pug puppy.....

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Find a place he returns to more than once. You can look at the holes and what direction its coming from. Put a box trap in its path and put two 2x8 or a 2x10 about 8-10' long on each side. That will funnel them in the trap. I do it all the time. I even have a thread on here with pics.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=541546&highlight=

sharpeblades

Pests in he yard

Tractor Supply here has a sale on live traps.I bought 2 last week for$30.00. They were a package deal

GoldDot40

Treat your yard for bugs and grubs armidillos are usally after something to eat.

This is what I've always heard is the best way to get rid of armadillos. Cut off their food supply....and they'll move on. Seems like you need a pesticide on your lawn more than anything.

oldblue

trap

Here in south ga. we use a plwood box trap. Ive caught 25 or 30 in this trap. I dont no why they go in it , but they just do.

Washington95

Game and Fish said no bait would attract them; then I read somewhere that cantalope would. Might try it. You might check out the box trap mentioned earlier; never heard of it but if it works it's definitely one way to go. I lived in Fl for about 25 years and came up with a good way to kill them using electronic detector that woke me up, then I used spotlight to shoot them.

raggedy ann

Canned catfood works. An armadillo extension guy from Texas told me to use it in my live trap. Caught one right away. Let him go in some woods on land I own.

SneekEE

If you have a outside light, he will be under it, just check it at night when u can. Sooner or later you will see him.:shoot: