fishing the Hooch in Helen

TOMBUKTU

Hey folks, its been a while! Got some questions for you folks up near Helen. Are there any special regs on that stretch of the hooch? Is spin fishing allowed? Lastly, are there in campgrounds in the area? I appreciate any help yall can share!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Hey folks, its been a while! Got some questions for you folks up near Helen. Are there any special regs on that stretch of the hooch? Is spin fishing allowed? Lastly, are there in campgrounds in the area? I appreciate any help yall can share!

No special regs..... get there early the tube hatch has been unreal this year......:eek:

Yes you can fish however you like.... just make sure your not on posted property.

Unicoi St Park is right up the road with all you'll need

http://www.gastateparks.org/Unicoi

j_seph

to follow up on Unicoidawgs post, make sure the land is National forest on at least one side because if it is private on both sides, posted or not, according to the DNR you are trespassing w/o permission(which sucks)

dirtroad

Gone But Not Forgotten
What kind of hatch is goin on up that way?

Tubers,big green and pink tubes.......tourist floating the river.If you are fishing early(daylight)you will have 2-3 hours to fish before there are ALOT of tubers.I would take Unicoidawgs advice and go to the State Park also,you will catch fish at both locations.